Chapter 41 - Hunting Kyuubi

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 41: Hunting Kyuubi.

Several days had passed since Naruto had returned from Kiri and during that time he had spent most of it either relaxing or going over notes and jutsu scrolls.

There was an undeniable sense of frustration within the group. Mostly because they had been cooped up inside for the last few days waiting for orders from Jiraiya or Itachi.

"I don't get it, why are we simply waiting around doing nothing?" Zabuza moaned on the fifth day since their return from Kiri.

"I'm sure Jiraiya-sama has his reasons, I expect that we are waiting for something" Akaru said.

"Well I thought we had plans in the Land of Lightning, isn't this just a waste of time?" Zabuza replied.

Itachi had entered the room just in time to catch the end of what Zabuza was saying. "We are waiting for news on the Akatsuki. They are hunting jinchuuriki and we have a rather large supply of them, rushing off without precaution would be rather dangerous" he said.

Garra looked up, his interest in the conversation now peeked by the mention of the group hunting the jinchuuriki. "Have you discovered anything yet?" he asked Itachi.

"Not yet, but Jiraiya has people looking into it. If there is no sign of movement by tomorrow we are going to move towards a the hideout in the Land of Lightning and begin planing how to steal the seven tools of the Rikudou Sennin" Itachi said.

Gaara nodded and turned his attention back to his lunch. "I see, I will be glad when they have been dealt with. It will allow us to work in peace" he said before taking a bite of his sandwich.

Meanwhile downstairs in the bedroom area Fuu, Akimi and Haku were having a similar conversation. "I hope we get some work soon, its been nice relaxing and all but we haven't even been able to go out in case Jiraiya-sama finally gives us orders" Haku said.

"I don't mind so much, but we hardly see Naruto or Jiraiya-sama at all, apart from dinner times. They have just been cooped up in their rooms or in the training area. I wonder what they are doing?" Fuu said.

"Who knows but if they are training then I want to go train as well, I don't want Naruto to get any further away from me" Akimi said.

Haku chuckled. "With how much he has improved since he left I really can't see you defeating him... maybe you should set your sights a little lower first, like Gaara, you have not been able to defeat him in quite some time" she said.

"No I'm not interested in defeating Garra. Besides you would be upset if I kicked your boyfriends ass" Akimi said.

Haku blushed heavily "We're not, l-like th-that, we are just g-g-good friends" she spluttered.

"Yeah friends who do everything together... and I mean everything!" Akimi said making the innuendo completely obvious.

Fuu couldn't help but give a light giggle and Haku the normally cold as ice kunoichi looked as though she was about to catch fire due to her heavy blush.

Upstairs in a large underground training area Jiraiya and Naruto had were standing together, a small amount of blood was coming from the Toad Sages mouth but he was smiling. "Good match Gaki, and it looks like our exit strategy will work perfectly" Jiraiya said.

"Yeah, with any luck we won't need to use it, but as long as we know it will work we should be able to get the job done easily enough" Naruto said.