Chaptet 50 - The Immortal Zombie Brothers

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 50: The Immortal Zombie Brothers

Akimi and Akaru both stood wide eyed at the sight of two members of the akatsuki. They both knew that the group was looking for the jinchuuriki. And also that it was comprised of S rank missing ninja.

"This isn't good" Akaru said in a hushed tone.

"These are the people hunting Naruto, Gaara and Fuu?" Akimi whispered to her brother as if looking for clarification of who it was that stood across the far side of the courtyard.

Akaru nodded his head dumbly. "Yeah, we have to be very careful here, there are two of them and a fight with any member of the Akatsuki is a fight to the death. At least we have numbers on our side, the monks are skilled with chakra despite not using it in a conventional manner.

Hidan and Kakuzu walked forward, Hidan had his chest pushed out like he owned the place while he looked over the gathering crowd of monks doing his best to be as intimidating as possible.

Despite how large and intimidating Hidan was attempting to make himself, it was Kakuzu who spoke first. "We are looking for a monk!" he bellowed sounding as though the fact that he had just walked over the dead bodies of several of the fire temple monks already.

A tall monk stepped forward. "We are normally open to take in travelers, but your utter disregard for human life is intolerable. There is no monk here that will see you, now leave this place at once!" he bellowed showing that he was in no way intimidated by the two Akatsuki members.

"I guess we should do what the man says, eh Kakuzu" Hidan said before starting to laugh. The monks in the area were confused by Hidan's antics. However seconds latter they were both outraged and shocked. Hidan took out a small long blade and slit the throat of the monk who had confronted them. "Nobody asked you fool. You're not even worthy of sacrificing to Jashin-sama. Now where is...Uh who are we looking for again?" Hidan said turning to Kakuzu for clarification.

"You are a complete idiot Hidan... We are looking for the Monk Chiriku, I would suggest you hand him over" Kakuzu said darkly.

Moving as one all the monks moved to get in between the two Akatsuki ninja and the temple hall where Chiriku was finishing his meditation. "Looks like they're not going to give him up so easily. Guess I will get to sacrifice more than one monk to jashin-sama after all" Hidan said with a smile.

Hidan removed the three bladed scythe from his shoulder and began to slowly walk forward. Akimi leaned in, "What are we going to do? I know these monks are supposed to be tough, but they're up against the Akatsuki, we're not just going to let those bastards kill them all are we" She said urgently in a hushed tone.

Akaru was about to reply when the doors to the hall opened and out walked Chiriku who no longer looked like the kind monk, but a trained killer who had been angered. "What is going on here, you kill my people without remorse... oh I see, the Akatsuki. I'm not a jinchuuriki and there is nobody here that is!" Chiriku said aggressively.

"I don't care about the jinchuuriki right now. At the moment I am interested in regaining some lost funds. We just had a rather expensive trip to the Land of Lightning. The bounty on your head is going to pay for our losses" Kakuzu replied not threatened in the slightest by the monk.