Chapter 75,76 - Revelations, Decisions

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 75: Revelations

Jiraiya's group landed in a dark corridor lit only by a thin dull light that stretched the length of the pathway. The walls were lined with cold metal giving the corridor a sterile look.

"Orochimaru isn't one for decorating, every base basically looks the same." Zabuza sighed looking along the pathway to where the corridor bent around to the left.

"Maybe he built them all together, besides I doubt Orochimaru would care all that much what his bases look like." Gaara reasoned.

"It doesn't matter, the only thing that does is finding whatever notes he has left here and destroying this base completely." Jiraiya said.

"He's right, anyway lets not waste time talking about Orochimaru's choice of color scheme when it comes to his bases." Haku sighed.

Nodding in agreement the five Yoinokuchi shinobi took off following the corridor around until they came to an intersection where the path forked.

"What do you think, should we split up and meet up in the main chamber?" Zabuza questioned.

"Sounds like a plan, You take the left path with Haku, and Gaara, while I take the right with Fuu." Jiraiya ordered before the groups split off down the separate paths.

Once they were a suitable distance away from the other group Fuu turned to Jiraiya. "Um Jiraiya-sama I have a question?"

"Really what is it?" Jiraiya replied

"It's about Naruto-kun, I want to know if he's really together with Akimi?" the teenage kunoichi queried.

Jiraiya nodded, the elder group of the Yoinokuchi had long known about the minor conflict between the two love struck teens when it came to the blond Rinnegan wielder. "Truth is I am not even sure, I think that they are heading that way. Those two have become spending far more time with each other." Jiraiya admitted knowing that wasn't the answer Fuu was looking for.

"So you think that they are in other words?" Fuu sighed sadly.

"Yes I do, unfortunately having raised Naruto means that he knows where I am likely to hide to try and catch them together so I have been unable to find anything concrete other than the fact that she ran to Konoha to see him when Akaru was killed. Sorry I couldn't be of more help." Jiraiya said consolingly.

"I see, thanks Jiraiya-sama. I think I know what I want to do now. Lets just keep moving, also if you could not tell anyone about me asking that, it would be great" she said her cheeks slightly red from embarrassment.

"Don't worry about it, I won't tell anyone. But I do think that Naruto and Akimi see each other as more than just good friends, I just can't be sure of how far along they are." Jiraiya said.

"It's fine I will have to find out from the source when we get back home." Fuu replied.

(Meanwhile)

Naruto was busy showing Mei the damage caused to the island during the fight with the Akatsuki and Oto ninja. "Most of the fighting took place over the lake, the only noticeable areas are the crater caused by Itachi-sensei's brother and the strip of land leveled by my Rasentsunami." Naruto admitted as they walked through the long stretch of flattened trees that were once thick forest.

"Still from the damage caused it must have been a tremendously powerful jutsu, the Akatsuki ninja you were fighting must have really been something else if you were forced to use such a powerful attack." Mei said looking around clearly impressed by the damage done to the landscape.