Chapter 13 - Imbalance In Power

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 13:Imbalance in Power

"Are you going to come out or are you going to just sit there spying on me" Naruto said calmly, he was still in a meditative position with his eyes closed as he spoke.

"You knew?" came a raspy voice as the newcomer stepped out from the woods behind where Naruto was sitting.

"I knew you would come and find me the fist chance you got the moment you drew my number in the exams Gaara. The question is why are you here? Have you come to kill me already?" Naruto said. He slowly rose after speaking and turned to face the red haired jinchuuriki.

"I can't wait, your blood will be the ultimate justification of my existence!" Gaara said darkly and his sand began to swirl around him.

"Justification of your existence huh. You know I was a lot like you, I used to act out to get people to recognize me. It's painful isn't it, being alone and unloved. I am a jinchuuriki just like you, I know how you must have been treated" Naruto said.

"Is that why you are strong? Because of the hatred you hold for these people and need to justify your own existence. Did the pain that they caused you make you powerful?" Gaara said.

"At first that is what I believed. I never knew my real parents, and I was hated and ignored by everyone. I started acting out playing pranks when ever I could because the times when the ninja would chase me after a prank was the only time anyone ever acknowledged me. But when I was kidnapped and left to die in the Land of Forests all I could think about was getting back to Konoha and getting my revenge on the people who kidnapped me. I was saved however, by a civilian family, they took me in and treated me with love and kindness, something I had never really experienced before and I would say has been denied to you as well. Things were great for me and I didn't even care about Konoha or even being a shinobi anymore. But things ended badly and my family was killed right before my eyes. I was so angry all I could think about was killing the people who had harmed my family. And I was given the power to do just that, although I cannot remember it I am positive that I killed the ninja that had killed them" Naruto said.

"Did you loose control, like I can?" Gaara asked, he had come here to kill the blond but he couldn't help but be enthralled by his story.

"Well I did loose control, but not in the way you are thinking. Anyway when I woke up I was in the ruins of my old house and there was my soon to be sensei Jiraiya looking over me. He explained that what had happened was a side effect of me awakening my Kekkei Genkai. When I thought about it I believed that it was my hatred and anger that had made me strong" Naruto said

Gaara grinned his evil grin thinking that Naruto was indeed just like him and the only thing that mattered was his own power.

"But I was wrong. Jiraiya sensei told me that it wasn't hatred that made me powerful, it was a need to save the ones I loved. I never really understood what he meant when he said that until I met Haku, my teammate she told me that true strength comes from the need to protect something special, because when you have that need you will push beyond your limits something that is not possible if you are only fighting for yourself. When I look at you I see what might have become of me if I stayed in this village and people continued to ignore and hate me" Naruto said.

Gaara was slightly annoyed, he thought he had found someone just like him, someone who fought for himself and his own power, nothing else mattered. "Your blood will make mother very happy, Naruto Uzumaki" he said before sending a huge wave of sand towards the blond.