Chapter 67,68 - Brothers Duel,Sanbi Skirmish

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 67: Brothers Duel

"What amazing power... and he is the same age as everyone in our graduating class. Truly Naruto is on a completely different level" Shino said calmly as Naruto slowly came to a rest in the middle of the lake once the Sanbi had retreated.

"Amazing just like against the Jashinist, Hidan. Such power, an attack like that is not one that can lived through. It even damaged Sanbi's shell!" Tenzo said in awe.

Naruto landed gently on the waters surface using gravity manipulation to slow his dissent. Heavy winds were still swirling around causing even Naruto's weighted cloak to flail behind him in the wind. "Looks like we caused a bid of a stir hey Sanbi" Naruto said looking down into the water. Although he couldn't be sure Naruto thought he heard a small growl ring out in response from the depths below. Suddenly pink crystals began to form in the air around Naruto, rising up from the lakes surface, and move to trap the blond. "What the hell... Shinra Tensei!" Naruto yelled blowing the crystal away with ease. "That was quite an interesting jutsu, I wonder who's responsible?"

"I am" Guren called out before racing through a set of hand seals. "Shoton: Tearing Crystal Falling Dragon!" she yelled and the water under her feet morphed into a giant long serpent like dragon lifting Guren high into the air. The jutsu wasn't finished there however as several smaller dragons all formed at the same time before launching themselves at the blond.

"Crystal Release huh? In that case... Preta Path" as each dragon hit the blond it seemed to dissolve as the energy was absorbed by the blond without even a scratch.

"How? Just what the hell is this kid!" Guren gasped in shock as her crystal jutsu had no effect on Naruto whatsoever.

"Naruto Uzumaki, a wielder of the fabled Rinnegan, and a rather troublesome person to fight against. But if he's here then that means!" Kabuto said before turning his attention to where Sasuke was supposed to be standing, only to find that he was no longer there. "Itachi Uchiha is here isn't he?" Kabuto asked.

"Yes he is" Naruto replied calmly.

"This isn't good. We need to retreat and leave this island at once! We cannot win this fight" Kabuto ordered. 'I need to catch up with Sasuke before he does anything stupid. If he is killed Orochimaru will loose his next body' he thought desperately.

"You make it sound so simple. What makes you think we will allow you to leave just like that?" Naruto asked a small smile forming on his face.

For the first time since he started fighting Kabuto lost his confident smirk. 'I won't be able to win in a fight against him. I need a distraction to get away!' he thought with a hint of desperation.

Kabuto's wishes were granted not to long later. When Guren gave a silent order to her men and two Oto ninja burst up from either side of the blond causing his attention to be drawn away from Kabuto long enough for Orochimaru's right hand man to make a break for the shoreline.

The two Oto ninja jumped high in the air, each had a kunai aimed for a vital area of Naruto's. But the blond jinchuuriki easily maneuvered out of the way before grabbing each of the ninja's faces and holding them at arms reach. "Human Path!" Naruto muttered darkly, his face void of all emotion. When Naruto yanked his palms back from the Oto ninja's faces each hand had a soul attached to it and the Oto ninja both collapsed in lifeless heaps. "Trash, Orochimaru should really put more effort into training his ninja rather than just experimenting on them for a small boost in power" he sighed.