Chapter 48 - Kumo's Request

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 48 Kumo's Request

"Come on Jiraiya sensei where is this cave you were talking about? we have been searching for hours" Naruto whined as he wandered around the outskirts of Konoha with Itachi and Jiraiya.

The Toad Sage slapped Naruto upside the head. "Shut it Gaki, I never actually went to the cave we are looking for, it was only ever used three times in the entire history of Konoha" Jiraiya replied.

"Well when you made this place seem like such a great hiding place, I didn't think that was because you had no idea where it actually was" Naruto replied.

"I know It's around here somewhere" Jiraiya replied defensively.

Naruto folded his arms clearly not impressed with Jiraiya's excuse. "You said that half an hour ago" he scoffed.

"Well I was wrong then, but now I think I know where it is" Jiraiya said.

Naruto withheld his retort and just followed Jiraiya as they came to a small valley at the side of a river. After moving along the river bank a small while it opened up and there was a small opening in the side of the cliffside. "Here we are, see gaki, I told you I could find it," Jiraiya said smugly.

"Well it would have been better if it didn't take you two hours to find it" Naruto replied.

"Well sensei only mentioned it to me once, and that was a long time ago. It is not as though I memorized the directions" Jiraiya said.

They entered the cave and came into a large area with several rooms branching off. It was not quite as big as one of the Yoinokuchi hideouts but it was still large enough for the three of them to be comfortable.

Itachi scanned the area trying to take in everything that he could with his poor eyes. "This place is incredible, I was an Anbu captain and I never heard anything about this place" he said in awe.

"No you wouldn't, the only people who have knowledge of this are the Hokage's. As far as I'm aware it was only ever used twice" Jiraiya explained.

"So was it a sort of hide away for the Hokage's family in case of an emergency?" Naruto asked.

"Ah not exactly. This was used to transfer the Kyuubi from the Shodai's wife into the young girl chosen to be the next carrier of the Kyuubi. Your mother" Jiraiya explained.

"I see" Naruto said now finding the place far more interesting.

"The Shodai built this place, some of the rooms are even lined with his Mokuton wood to seal in the chakra signatures. If they ever needed to do work on a jinchuuriki's seal they were supposed to come here that way any potential bursts of Bijuu chakra are suppressed to prevent the people in the village from thinking that the Kyuubi had escaped" Jiraiya lectured.

"Makes sense, and by keeping it a secret, even from the Anbu captains, it's unlikely other villages will discover this place" Itachi added.

"So basically this is where we will be staying for your operation, now I guess all that's left is to bring Tsunade-Baachan here" Naruto said merrily.

"Well why don't you go tell her, I'll stay here with Itachi and check this place out some more" Jiraiya said.

"Oh alright, may as well drop in on Shikamaru and the others while I'm there" Naruto said before returning to the door and taking off in the direction of Konoha.