Chapter 18 - Homecoming

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 18: Back Home

Naruto ran over the roof tops to get out of the village and catch up to his friends who would be no doubt moving slowly towards the south where the Yoinokuchi main hideout was located. As Naruto swiftly made his retreat from the village he was rather pleased to see that there did not appear to be any major damage don't during the invasion. 'Looks like most of the damage was done at the other side of the village. But still, this place will recover in no time' he thought as he made his way to the southern wall.

Arriving at the outer walls of the village Naruto simply jumped over them using the laps in security caused by the invasion to make a clean escape without anyone seeing him.

It took a almost an hour to catch up to the others who had just stopped to rest outside a small village. "Good to see you guys got out easily enough" Naruto said as he landed in the clearing.

"You cold say that, we still had to take out a group of Oto ninja that tried to capture us" Akimi said.

"Well looks like you didn't have that hard of a time escaping" Naruto replied.

"Yeah, they were hopeless. But it wasn't the easy escape we had hoped for" Akimi said.

"I'm surprised you usually enjoy a good fight" Naruto said.

"I do, but I would still prefer not to be the target of some freaks desires for experimentation. If I wanted to be abused by some creepy old guy I would have stayed in Kumo" Akimi huffed.

"Well at least you all made it out" Naruto said happily.

"How did you get along? Did you manage to kill Orochimaru?" Haku Questioned.

"No he got away, also from what I gathered he killed your father Gaara. It was so he could take his place, disguised as the Kazekage for the invasion" Naruto informed the small group.

"It is hard to feel sorry for a man who attempted to kill me on several occasions. I am not overly upset that he is dead" Gaara said flatly.

"I guess it must be difficult to accept him as much of a father" Naruto mused,

"So if you let Orochimaru get away, what the hell were you doing? You and the old man should have wiped the floor with that freak" Akimi said.

"I was busy, so I couldn't help Jiji with Orochimaru" Naruto replied.

"Busy? What does that mean? Don't tell me that you had any difficulty talking out Orochimaru's ninja he had try to stop you from getting to the Kage box?" Akimi asked.

"I had to deal with two previous Hokage's. They were revived by some weird jutsu, Edo Tensei. I can't understand how it works really" Naruto explained.

"Wait you had to fight two of the previous Kage, Who?" Akimi asked shocked.

"The Shodai and Nidaime, Believe me that they were two tough old guys" Naruto said.

"And you actually won against them?" Haku questioned.

"Well in a sense, I think they were holding back as much as they could. They both fell for traps that a Kage level ninja shouldn't have fallen for. Then I had to use the Soul Removal jutsu to free them from the Edo Tensei" Naruto explained.

"Still the fact remains you beat two of the most famous ninja to have ever lived" Akimi said.

"I would have traded a single handed victory over them for getting rid of Orochimaru once and for all" Naruto sighed.