Chapter 63,64 - Night Out, Three Tails Discovery

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 63: Night Out

"It figures, we go out to relax, and we end up running into Jiraiya-sama fighting some weird creature. We never have any luck" Akimi pouted.

Naruto couldn't help but laugh. "I guess so, but hey at least it happened before we found a good place for our date right... I mean if it happened in the middle of dinner or something that, then it would be a problem" he said with a smile.

"Idiot! Now you have just gone and jinxed us" Akimi giggled.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Naruto asked curiously.

"You're never supposed to say something bad won't happen because that means that it will" Akimi said in a carefree tone.

"I see, oh well at least that means the night will be eventful... who knows it might even make it fun" Naruto chuckled.

"Yeah it could, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of this date to help us relax? I mean if we wanted to do something exciting we should have just taken a mission" Akimi replied.

"Yeah that's true. I guess it will be good to leave the base and not have to fight someone" Naruto sighed before lying back on the bird so he could watch the clouds whiz past.

Akimi looked down at the relaxing blond and smiled before laying beside him and resting her head on his chest. "Regardless of what happens tonight, lets at least make sure to have a good time" she said gazing up at Naruto's face.

Naruto was still looking up at the sky but murmured an agreement before unconsciously wrapping a arm around Akimi's waist and pulling her slightly closer.

(Unknown Location)

"So you all failed. Not one of you was able to capture your targets" Pein said in an emotionless tone as he looked over the group of Akatsuki ninja who were each standing on a finger of two hands that came from the large Gedo Mezo statue.

"It was that fucker Itachi Uchiha! He killed Sasori-sama! It was all I could do to get away from them. Besides that Ichibi kid is no pushover. He turned a large field into a desert just for the sand" Deidara said.

"I see. Three S ranked ninja of our organization all killed in the past week. This is indeed a setback. So what is your excuse Kisame? Weren't you asking to be given the Nanabi as a target just the other day?" Pein said. He was already given a report from Zetsu but wanted to hear their version of events.

"We had her, the Nanabi jinchuuriki. But then Jiraiya of the Sannin showed up allowing the Nanabi to escape. We fought him but could only hold each other to a stand still" Kisame said.

"Funny that's not the way I remember it" the White half of Zetsu said with a smirk.

"Yeah I seem to recall seeing you having your chest crushed from a single kick from the Toad Sage. Oh and Hiruko, despite all of your Kekkei Genkai, you still had no way to even trouble someone who doesn't even have one. Face it, you both lost badly. I would go as far as saying that you are both lucky to be alive right now" Zetsu taunted.

"You were watching!" Hiruko asked indignantly.

"Those were my orders. I was supposed to keep an eye on you as a lookout for who killed Hidan and Kakuzu" Zetsu replied.