Chapter 37 - Love Is Blinding

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 37: Love Is Blinding

Naruto walked out o the stadium and found Jiraiya waiting for him. "Hey sensei where is everyone else?" he asked.

"They have gone to the carnival, we are going to meet up with them in a bit. But first we need to find something for you to wear tonight. Can't have you showing up without a shirt on after all" Jiraiya chuckled.

"Yeah Mei gave me a the address of a good place, here" Naruto said handing over the handkerchief.

"Well that saves us some time. Speaking of time it didn't take you long to start getting love letters from a powerful kunoichi" Jiraiya said with a lecherous smirk.

Naruto blushed from the implication behind what Jiraiya was saying. "It not a love letter, all that is on it is the name and address of a place to get dress clothes. Get your head out of the gutter you damn pervert".

Jiraiya's smile didn't falter, he just wrapped an arm around Naruto's shoulder and led him away from the stadium. "You have a lot to learn about women kid, I can teach you all you will ever need to know if you want" the Toad Sage said.

"I think I will pass, all you will teach me is what ever is in those perverted books of yours" Naruto said.

"Ah you say that, but when it comes to the fairer sex you are are a complete novice. I mean you didn't even make a move on Koyuki and everyone could see that she was interested" Jiraiya sighed.

"You don't know what you are talking about. Koyuki-Hime wasn't interested in me. She was just happy that her home had been saved from her uncle" Naruto said.

Jiraiya just shook his head, he couldn't believe how thick his normally brilliant student was when it came to women. "Fine, I'll let you figure it out for yourself. I just hope it doesn't take too long, I need inspiration for my books after all".

"No way in hell will I let you use me as inspiration for your damn smut" Naruto said.

"Oh please! It's family tradition after all" Jiraiya pleaded.

Naruto stopped in mid step. "What do you mean 'family tradition' Naruto asked wearily.

"My first best seller was based on your parents and how they fell in love. Although I changed it just enough so that not even Kakashi could tell it was inspired by Minato and Kushina" Jiraiya explained.

Naruto was now unsure how to react, on the one hand he was angry Jiraiya had used his parents as inspiration. But on the other hand he was intrigued, to the point that he was even contemplating reading the novel, he always wondered how his parents fell in love. "How closely did you follow the story?" Naruto asked.

Jiraiya rubbed his chin in contemplation of the question. "Well obviously I had to change the characters so nobody would even think that it was inspired by my old pupil. I also had to lengthen it quite a bit, add some more challenges for them to overcome, raise the age that they met added some sex here and there to help it sell. But I would say it follows the story Minato and Kushina told me quite closely" he answered eventually.

"I see, so you know how they met then, would you tell me?" the blond asked hopefully.

"No read the book and find out for yourself" Jiraiya chuckled.

Naruto visibly flinched. 'Damn, if I want to know I'll have to read his perverted trash. I guess I could just ignore the smut' "Can I get a copy of the book then, but I swear if this is just a trick to get me to read your books you will pay!" Naruto threatened.