Chapter 17 - Edo-Tensei

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 17: Edo-Tensei

Naruto jumped from the booth and made his way towards the building where the Hokage and Orochimaru had just begun to fight as a big purple barrier blocked the entrance to anyone else.

Naruto made it half way to his destination before he was stopped by four Oto ninja with jounin vests. "Well what a surprise, what do you guys want?" Naruto said.

"We are going to capture you and take you to Orochimaru-sama" one of the jounin said.

"Hm wrong answer, the correct one was, We want to die. It's the only reason you would be stupid enough to challenge me" Naruto said.

The four jounin didn't look impressed and attacked Naruto at the same time from different angles. Naruto looked on with a bored expression. 'This is what passes for Oto jounin? It's really sad they are no better than average chunin' the blond thought as formed the seal for wind and blades formed around his arms that went through the two closest ninja while the others Naruto sent flying away with a wordless Shinra Tensei.

In the center of the arena the show of power from Naruto was witnessed by Kakashi and several of the other genin as they helped remove the senbon needles from Sasuke wanted to join the fight. "Almost there Sasuke-kun, just a few more now" Sakura said.

"Hn" Sasuke snorted while he began to feel the movement return to his body.

Kakashi was keeping a watchful eye over the genin and making sue that nobody could get anywhere near them. "We need to hurry this up, we have a large force dealing with the invasion as they enter the village but we still have to defeat these guys" Kakashi said.

"So you knew this was going to happen Kakashi sensei?" Sakura asked shocked.

"Well not exactly like this, but we knew there was going to be an invasion today, we have set up to deal with it, the village is safe don't worry" Kakashi assured his student.

"But how did you know" a Oto chunin asked who was in ear shot.

"Simple, we had help from a team that joined in with the chunin exams for no other reason than to find out what Orochimaru was up to" Kakashi said.

The genin all realized at once who that meant. 'So that's why he returned to the village, he's hunting Orochimaru and this was the best chance to draw him out. Man this it troublesome, I should of just pretended to sleep like I had planned to' Shikamaru thought as he watched Naruto defeat another small group of ninja this time from Suna. 'Saving the village even though you are not even part of it anymore. I always knew you were troublesome Naruto'.

Meanwhile Naruto had just finished delivering a Rasengan to a Suna chunin jumped up onto the roof only to be surrounded by four Konoha Anbu. "I'm here to help" Naruto assured the Anbu and held his arms up to show he meant no harm.

"We know but there is not much you can do nobody can get inside that barrier" a Bear masked Anbu said.

"Well I'm not giving up, I will find a way in to help Jiji" Naruto declared before charging at the large barrier with a rasengan only to be thrown back.

(With Akimi, Haku and Gaara)

"Come on we gotta get out of here before they catch on to the fact that we Gaara isn't helping with the invasion" Akimi said.

"You're right lets go" Gaara said leaving his sister unconscious on the floor.

They made it out of the Stadium easily enough but only made it a single block before they were stopped by eight Oto jounin.