Chapter 79,80 - First Impressions, Road To Iwa

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 79: First Impressions

"Uh Jiraiya-sensei did you just say Iwa? Why the hell would we be going there?" Naruto asked quirking an eyebrow.

Jiraiya chuckled and tossed the letter from Oonoki over to the blond jinchuuriki. "See for your self, that old man Tsuchikage want's to meet you, I guess it was only a matter of time before they found out who you were." he said calmly.

"Heh surely this is some sort of trap right? Iwa wouldn't just openly welcome Naruto." Gaara said.

"Yes I know that it sure seems like it could be a trap, but I think we may have found a staging area for taking out Orochimaru. Then there is also the possibility that it isn't, and they really mean Naruto no harm." Itachi said.

"Yes as well as an excuse to be in the country." Jiraiya added.

"But if it's a trap you will be no better off than if we had attacked Orochimaru from the start? In fact it will be even more dangerous because you will be inside Iwa." Haku reasoned.

"Ah yes but from inside Iwa we can cripple their military enough so they wouldn't dream of making chase, or hunting Naruto ever again for the matter." Jiraiya said confidently.

"Wasn't the invite for Naruto-kun, do you really think Iwa would ever willingly allow you to enter the village as well Jiraiya-sama?" Akimi asked.

Naruto chuckled at this. "That's the best part I can bring four ninja along with me as bodyguards. Imagine their faces when I show up with Jiraiya-sensei and Itachi-sensei if they do have a trap planned for me, that alone would throw a major obstacle for them to overcome." he said.

"Wait only four! There is no way I am missing out on this kid, Orochimaru has gone grave robbing and dug up my former comrades in the Seven Swordsmen, you better take me along!" Zabuza demanded.

"So that's three, we just need one more." Naruto said.

Akimi was about to put her hand up and demand that she go too but Jiraiya silenced her. "We could be up against an entire village of ninja, if that's the case Gaara is our best choice." he declared.

"I agree, Gaara is certainly the best choice. Sorry Akimi-chan looks like you will have to sit this one out, sorry." Naruto said.

"Then what are we supposed to do?" the speedy kunoichi asked clearly upset that she wouldn't be following Naruto on his trip.

Jiraiya hummed in contemplation. "Normally I would tell you to take a paying mission, but with the Akatsuki as active as they have been I don't think that it is such a good idea. Think of this as a mini vacation and take some time off and relax." he suggested.

'How am I supposed to relax when Naruto-kun could be in serious danger, to make it worse he doesn't seem worried at all, doesn't he realize how risky it is? This isn't like in Kumo where we had weeks to prepare they are expecting our response at Konoha as soon as possible.' Akimi worried while Naruto and the others talked merrily about the trip.

"So i'll send the response back to Tsunade with a toad, Naruto any chance I could borrow Gamatatsu?" Jiraiya asked.

"Huh why would you ever want to use him? Unless you have snacks he is completely useless." Naruto replied.

"Exactly, it would be a good way to torment Tsunade-Hime and the old man." Jiraiya chuckled.

"Too cruel Jiraiya-sensei, nobody deserves that kind of punishment." Naruto said.