Chapter 29 - Three Year Plan

I don't own Naruto and I never have, probably never will. Can never tell for sure though.

Nightfall!

Chapter 29: Three Year Plan

The celebrations had begun and Naruto was right at the center of them. While Mei had killed the Yagura, Naruto was being praised once again as a hero. Those that had witnessed the final moments of the fight were saying it was a power unrivaled by anything less than higher Bijuu.

Naruto attempted to distance himself from these rumors but to little success. And soon people could be heard singing songs about Naruto and Itachi's work in saving the Land of water along with those in celebration of Mei as the leader of the resistance.

The members of the Yoinokuchi slowly made it back to the village which had been badly damaged in the fight. It looked as though more than half the village was gone but the people of the town who had returned once they were given word that Yagura was dead were all in high spirits and joyfully beginning the reconstruction of their town.

A few hours later Naruto had managed to escape the party that was still raging on and was now sitting alone on top of the wall. "Is that it? The war ends just because one man died? Surely it can't be that simple... Can it?" he asked himself.

"That really depends on how the enemy forces react" came the voice of Jiraiya as he arrived by Naruto's side and took a seat.

"Well what do you think?" Naruto asked.

"I think it is done. Not only is Yagura gone, but also the five generals that would have been in the running for the next Mizukage are gone as well. Right now the word is spreading and we have already received reports of the vast majority of the remnants of the loyalist army laying down their weapons and pledging loyalty to Mei" Jiraiya said.

"Still, there will be those that hate Mei and the resistance for what they have done even though it was the right thing. Eventually that hate will fester and they will strike back against them" Naruto said.

"Yes that is always a possibility. Complete success and peace seems almost impossible. But to not even try, is the same as letting the people that want to see the world burn win. It is true there is far too much hate in this world of ours and it is building into more wars. I want to do something about it, but finding the right answer is difficult. That's why I write my books, I hope that day my books would bring everyone together and true peace would be possible" Jiraiya said.

"For that to happen you would have to get women to actually read them. And while all you write is smut I don't much like your chances sensei" Naruto replied with a smile.

"Harsh kid. But in the end you may be right, I haven't been able to figure out how to bring peace. Maybe it is impossible, but that doesn't mean that I can't try" Jiraiya replied.

"Then it's my job as your student to help and carry on your work" Naruto said.

"Well then, do you have any ideas?" Jiraiya said.

"No not yet, but I will find them. You said hate breads hate, then I guess stopping that circle if our goal then" Naruto said.

"Well you will need to become stronger if that is your goal you know" Jiraiya said.

"Yeah I will do anything I need to in order to help you succeed" Naruto replied.

"Good, because I have a training trip planned for you" Jiraiya said.

"Training trip?" the blond asked confused.

"You are strong there is no denying that. However you are not strong enough to complete your goals. If you want peace then you need to fight for it. Stop those that endanger it. Give the people someone to believe in. The Sage of Six Paths did just that, and the world was at peace. You need to become a symbol of hope to those that need it" Jiraiya said.