14

*Damian*

The song that stood out to me was Waymaker. Jesus is our way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper, light in the darkness. He's always there for us, no matter what we're going through.

After the sermon, Gale had to stay to help with the second service's children's ministry classes, while Jason and Tim still had to lead worship for the second service.

"Dami, if that Katie Lance girl hands you a paper with her phone number on it, call her or text her. I can already see it - Katian." Gale said before leaving to help the second service classes. I glared at her, but her back was already faced towards me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ian. Bye and thanks for let's come, Tim." Percy, Conner and Jon left.

"Oh, Dames!" I groaned. Katie found me.

"Hello, Lance- I mean Katie. How are you?" I said, catching my mistake.

"Hey! I'm doing great! Hey, wanna take a walk with me in the park? That is, if you're not too busy doing your extracurricular activities, Robin. Yeah, I figured it out, I'll tell you later."

I glanced at Dick. He mouthed, 'Go with her. Make friends. Or a girlfriend.'

I rolled my eyes but told Katie yes.

"So it seems you know all about me. What about you? I don't believe I made an attempt to know, even though we have every class together." I asked as we passed the fountain and found a bench to sit on.

"Hmmm, well, for starters, my name isn't really Katie. It's Kathryn. But I like Katie. I'm an only child. And my favorite hero is Robin. Yeah, I like you."

"Katie, why would you want to date me? Please be honest with me." I told her. She looked down at her shoes before answering.

"Not for your money, though I would like that, seeing that I have none. No, I would date you because of who you are. You are sweet, caring, loving and kind at times. You have a special way of showing those traits. You're smart and funny, and I like that about you. Also, you let your sister dress you in her dresses and princess costumes when you call people by their last names. Yeah, I saw you that day when you came to school wearing Gale's extra school uniform. That shows that even though you don't like dressing in feminine clothing, you love your sister, so you allow it."

"You really see all that in me? Thank you, you are the third person to tell me that. It's nice to hear that from you, besides Percy and Gale. They are my sisters, so it's their job to lift me up but it feels good to hear someone else say that. Now, what did you mean about the money part?"

"Oh, i-it's nothing to worry about. Here, my phone number. Call or text me. I have to go now but maybe I'll see you tomorrow at school." Katie got up to leave. I grabbed her hand.

"Wait, would you like to meet my team? We'll meet tomorrow after school. It's a team or teenaged heros from different cities, that are being mentored by the Justice League." I told her.

"Yes! I'd love to meet them!"

"Alright. I'll bring you to my house and from there we'll go to Mount Justice." I smiled. Katie hugged me then gave my cheek a quick peck before running off. I stood there, holding my cheek in the are where she kissed me for a little while.

Once I got home, I was bombarded by three men.

"Soooooo, did you get her number?" Jason asked. I nodded.

"Someone catch me as I faint! Little D's growing up so fast!" Dick cried as he fell. Tim caught him then dropped him.

"Hey! I said catch me, not drop me!" Dick cried out.