Chapter Thirty-Three: Space Is Best.

"So that's why you and aunty Isabel had stopped talking?" Anna asked, fully intent on my story. What my mouth told her was basic information but my mind was taking a full trip down memory lane as if it was only yesterday.

"Yeah, so it wasn't like she hated me, she just needed space whilst she went through a rough patch. And she was correct about us meeting again." Me and Isabel did catch up again after the brief meetings at the hospital that day. After a few lunches, where she actually ate everything she was served, we fell back into what it used to be. Aside from the fact it was a more mature relationship then back in the old days.

"That must have stung a little though, like you lost your best friend and all." I nodded

"I guess you can say I took it pretty hard...."

There's a part of me that feels like she simply wanted me gone cause she didn't like me and faked our friendship, then another part blames me. I don't know why, maybe it's because I called her parents. But what took over was how much I am going to miss her. It made me a little miserable. I'm the worst person to be around. I've been holed up in room the past few days. Mom brings me food and I eat it. She'll usually give me a small hug, before leaving me be. She knows I just need a little time andI'ill coax out again. Generally, I get affected pretty bad by this stuff. They say I didn't talk for nearly two weeks after grandma died. It's not like I'm not talking or eating, I just can't find my happy spirit. It'll come back eventually I guess. But it's better to keep my gloom to myself. Dad also came and sat with me for a bit. He brought his guitar and made me smile a little but he knew I needed a little more. Vic called, I felt horrible, but I ignored them. He called the home phone and mom answered. She simply told him I needed a little space and I'll be back soon. The way she phrased it made it seem like I was on a holiday, but I guess I wasn't really here either.

I hope Vic understands. I'm pretty sure mom at least gave him a reason why I wasn't returned his texts or calls. I hope he gets it. So far he has, considering the calls stopped, and he hasn't come over or anything. There was still a part of me that knew he was probably worried sick though. I nibbled on a cookie from the small plate my dad snuck up from the kitchen. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows sat open, face down next to me as I stared at the ceiling. I couldn't concentrate on the words and gave up, just staring at the roof. Crumbs rolled off my cheeks onto my bed but I didn't really care. I took in a huge breath and letting it out with a big sigh. My door burst open, nearly giving me a heart attack, causing me to sit up abruptly, causing the cookies to slide of the plate onto the floor. Ryan stood in the doorway, his hands on his hips.

"Y'know, you've been in here for nearly a week right?." I crossed my arms, a little frown on my face.

"It's only been five days." I complained.

"That's one working week. I don't think Damien or the staff down at Starbucks are happy." I shrugged it off, laying in the same position, going to grab a cookie before I remembered they fell off. I scooped one off the ground, absentmindedly chewing on it.

"You made me drop my cookies." I said, spraying crumbs everywhere. I heard Ryan click his tongue in the doorway.

"Ok, that's it." I heard his footsteps before I felt his hand grasped my arm, tugging me off the bed. I fell with a shriek and felt something crush under my back. I sat up to see cookie pieces and chocolate squished in my carpet.

"Now you have to clean my floor." I whined as Ryan tugged me to my feet.

"God, you look like a hobo. Oh well." He grabbed a jacket from my floor, chucking it at me. From his determination I decided not to question what he was doing. He pulled out his phone, clearly texting someone. I slid the jacket on, as he kicked a pair of vans my way. I slipped them on. I'm sure they look great with my daggy grey sweatpants. Ryan's phone vibrated once as I stood staring at him. He then snapped his phone shut.

"Come on, you need some fresh air." I groaned softly.

"But it's cold, and I feel like shit." Ryan grabbed my forearm and pulled me grumbling and groaning through the house. He yelled out to mom, before dragging me into the cold, making me shiver a little. Ryan headed for his car, opening the passenger door for me.

"Oh what a gentlemen." I spoke in a sarcastic voice. Ryan rolled his eyes.

"Just get in." Without a smirk I spoke.

"That's what she said." Ryan slapped his hand on his face.

"I swear to fucking god, get in the car." He growled, and I obliged with another sigh. I nestled in the front seat, looking out the window, seeing frost coat a few thing. Ryan pulled out the driveway, and the only sound was the radio. I rested my forehead against the freezing window, my lips staying in a line, my eyebrows sat low. My expressing was probably a mixture of neutral and angry. I couldn't be bothered asking where he planned on taking me, so I decided to ignore him instead. The houses past, my mind trying to alert me that I know where we were going, but the stubborn part of my mind decided not to pin point it. It didn't take too long for the car to stop, so clearly it wasn't too far into San Diego. I looked out the front windscreen and nearly shrieked again.

"Oh my god! Ryan! Holy shit, you could have warned me. I probably look like I came out of a horses ass." Ryan grinned a little evilly.

"Should have thought of that earlier." My fingers dug into the sides of the chair, like trying to take a cat off an armchair when it's needs to take a bath.

"Are you trying to make Vic run away? Considering I look like a pile of shit, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Screaming." Ryan rolled his eyes at me.

"Stop being dramatic. He probably doesn't even care. He may not text you, but I've kept his updates satisfying. He's pretty cool actually." My mouth gaped open. I looked at Vic and Jaime's house.

"So that's who you were texting." I breathed, the realisation hitting me.

"Yes, now come on. I said I may drop by, I didn't mention you." He got out of the car, as I continued staring at the front of the house. I'm doomed. I look worse then the grinch. My door open, and Ryan unclipped my seatbelt like I was a child. I stayed motionless.

"You can't tell me you aren't excited to see him." The idea of getting lost in those beautiful eyes and feeling those soft lips against mine made my stomach flutter a little. It was the closet to a happy feeling I've had lately. With a glare at Ryan I slid out of the car. He shut the door behind me, as I walked, trying not to slip on the small layer of frost. Ryan walked ahead and we stood on the doorstep, and I felt my breath all caught in my throat. My heart pounded on my ribcage, either from excitement of seeing Vic or the lack of oxygen. Ryan's knocked seem to rattle in my ear drums, as I scuffed my feet a little on the doormat. I heard footsteps and I stopped breathing completely. The door opened, revealing Jaime. He finished what he was saying to a person inside the house before turning and noticing us. My heart sunk a little. Was Vic not home?

"Oh. Why hello there." Jaime's grin caused my lips to twitch slightly. He's whole presence makes anybody a little joyful.

"Hime, who is it?" I heard Vic call, and my stomach did a somersault at the sound of his voice. Jaime gave me a smirk, putting a finger to his lips.

"Oh, somebody kinda important." He winked at me, before gesturing for us to come in.

"Yeah? And who the bloody hell is th.." I walked round the corner and Vic's eyes fell on me, his sentence disappearing in the air. I stood awkwardly in the doorway. I waved at him.

"Hi." Was all I could manage to say, considering that my brains was all scrambled at the sight of him. He got up slowly, his eyes scrutinising me as if he was making sure I was real. He now stood in front of me, a tiny frown creased his brow. I could keep my eyes from rolling.

"I was gone for barely a week, I'm not a magical unicorn." With that, a huge breathtaking smile spread across his lips, his teeth glistening as he grasped my shoulders, crushing me into his chest. Two seconds of shock wore away as his scent filled my nose, and his warm arms felt like home. My arms looped themselves around his waist, my face burying in his neck. Then a phantom of a smile slowly crawled over my lips.

☆〜☆〜☆〜☆〜☆〜☆
SO APPARENTLY GOD DECIDED TO BE FUCKING NICE AND GRANT ME A NEW HOT GUY AT MY SCHOOL. I DON'T KNOW HIS NAMES BUT WE'RE SECRETLY DATING.

QOTD: Have you had to "friendzone" a friend?
AOTD: It's always my friends that I'm not attracted to that like me and I have to break their hearts man.