chapter twenty-eight

The venue was at the Glorietta 4 and the mall was packed based on the almost full parking space. Even the courtyard parking was jammed. Bella really had a huge amount of fans.

Unuwang ang labi ko nang makapasok kami sa mall. I didn't expect this crowd. Ground floor pa lang ay marami nang tao. Sa 4th floor pa ang cinema. I knew most of these people—mostly girls—were Bella's fans since they were wearing white long bow hair tie which was Bella's favorite to wear.

"Bella is sure famous," Magnus commented, his camera and ID were hanging on his neck. I then just noticed his clothes. He dressed up for tonight, too. He was wearing a black suit, white inner dress shirt that was tucked in his pair of black trousers, and black loafers.

"Yeah," I answered and smiled, proud of Bella. "Sa 4th floor ang cinema at red carpet. Baka mas crowded doon."

"Okay?" Tiningnan niya ako. "Hindi ba dapat nagmamadali tayo?"

I smirked. "You'll see later."

His brow arched up and I laughed before going to the elevator. Hindi ako kinakabahan na mahuli sa mga siguradong nag-uunahang reporters at journalists kay Bella—frankly, that was the nature of our work. We chased. We could be annoying in the eyes of the others but this was how we worked. And we chased and worked for our audience.

The red carpet was already set-up on the 4th floor and Magnus and I joined the pile of other reporters and journalists on one side. Some of them looked at us but their stares left longer to Magnus. I couldn't blame them, though. Magnus was really famous in our field—with his skills and looks, he could charm almost everyone. Kahit nga hindi Broadcasting ang major niya, merong kumukuha sa kanya na maging isang TV anchor ng isang sikat na network pero tinanggihan niya.

"Are you all set?" Magnus asked. "Your voice recorder? Your questions?"

"Yup," I answered and showed him my recorder and my prepared questions.

"Good luck." He ruffled my hair and I hit his arm.

"Don't mess with my hair. Ang tagal kong inayos 'yan."

"Arte. Nakakulot lang!"

Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin at halos mabingi kaming lahat nang nagsigawan na ang mga tao dahil isa-isa nang pumasok ang mga artista na casts din ng movie ni Bella. Magnus got serious and now was busy taking pictures while I took note on my notepad of those who were arriving.

The flashes of different cameras almost blinded me but I still tried to focus my sight. When I saw some of the famous celebrities, I also had a short interview with them while Magnus took pictures.

The crowd along with the other journalists and reporters became wilder when Bella Jardeleza walked down the red carpet, looking so beautiful in her elegant champagne dress. I jotted down every detail about her entrance and her gown while Magnus took several shots.

Bella was so pretty. Kinawayan niya ang mga fans niya at hindi ako makapaniwala na may ilalakas pa pala ang mga sigawan kanina. Surely, these people really came for Bella. Couldn't blame them, though. Bella was beautiful not just on the outside, but also from the inside. And I smiled when she winked at me and mouthed, "later."