chapter forty

The next hours of the night was spent by partying, drinking, dancing, and more. Some of Jash's and Asher's guests left already and went back to their hotel rooms since it was past 2 AM already. On the other hand, some also chose to stay and enjoyed the rest of the party.

One of the people who really enjoyed was Charlie who was so wasted, dancing wildly with random girls here in the sky deck.

"Omg, Ry, can you walk him in your room already?" Eliana asked Ryker. "He's making a scene on the dancefloor." She grimaced as she watched Charlie ground and brushed his front on the woman's behind.

"That asshole won't even come with me," Ryker answered before drinking from his shot glass. "Charlie's top priority is sex. If he gets to choose between sex and something, you know what he'll choose."

We were sitting on a half-circle couch while our table was full of alcoholic drinks and finger food. On my right were Eliana, Rumi, Ryker, and Lewis. On my left were Jash, Asher, Brielle, and Camron.

Hindi nakaligtas sa paningin ko ang mabilis na pag-inom ng alak ni Camron. Namumula na ang mga pisngi at mata niya pero hindi pa rin siya tumitigil. Binabawalan naman siya ni Brielle pero parang wala siyang naririnig.

Iniwas ko ang tingin ko sa kanila at uminom ng shake habang tinitingnan ang cellphone ko na may reply na ni Magnus. Kahit madaling araw na ay pinipilit niyang manatiling gising at matutulog lang daw 'pag matutulog na rin ako.

From: Magnus Yreverre
Good. Stay seated and don't go to the dancefloor. You need to come back to me wholly

Natawa ako dahil do'n. Kahit ganitong oras na, mataas pa rin ang humor niya.

To: Magnus Yreverre
Baliw, kahit naman pumunta ako sa dancefloor, uuwi talaga ako ng buo.

From: Magnus Yreverre
Make sure of that. I'm counting the hours

"Now the fucking ape is making out with the girl," I heard Rumi say before turning to Ryker. "Drag his ass here now, Ryker. This is an engagement party, for fuck's sake! Not a typical party!"

My eyes followed Rumi's finger as she pointed Charlie who was in a full-blown making out sesh with the girl he was dancing with a while ago. Yes, full-blown. As in there were tongues. Charlie really loved to do nasty things. Anywhere. Anytime. Regardless if it was in public or not.

"Let him fucking be," Camron suddenly interjected. "He's living his life so do the same. I'd do same." He stood up and almost lost his balance but luckily, he supported his weight by pressing his palms on the table. He held Brielle's hand seconds after and pulled her up. "And you," he went on, his finger pointing us. "Get a fucking life."

I felt a bit worried.

He was so drunk.

We watched him bring Brielle to the dancefloor, his eyes seemed unfocused. He wasn't in his usual self. Camron was always firm, organized, prim, and silent. Not like this. He looked reckless, not in proper caution, careless, and... scandalous.