chapter forty-seven

"No, Arisse. And that's fucking final."

I exhaled heavily when I heard the finality in Camron's tone. We were still in his office and after my intuition that Magnus has something to do with the spreading news, I wanted to see and talk to him.

Also, I needed to see Cale. I set my heart on knowing where did she get all of the information she put in her article. I wanted to know everything—to confirm if Magnus really did this.

"You said you wanted to end all of this," I gently said to Camron, walking up to him and taking his hands. "If Magnus was the one behind this, I need to talk to him."

"If you still insist, you know my condition," he responded. "It's either that or you're not going anywhere."

Hard-headed Camron.

Hindi kami magkasundo dahil kung ipipilit ko raw na kitain si Magnus, sasama siya. Paano ako papayag do'n? Galit si Magnus at hindi pwedeng sabayan 'yon ni Camron.

May narinig kaming kumatok sa pinto at nakitang mula sa one-way glass double door si Eliza. Nang makita kong bubuksan niya na ang pinto ay binitawan ko ang mga kamay ni Camron dahilan nang pagkunot ng noo niya.

"Good morning, Architect Vista and Miss Zacarias," Eliza politely greeted. She was really professional because despite seeing me here amid the issue, she still acted normal. "Your meeting—"

"Postpone, please," Camron suspended.

"But Architect, the board members—"

"Eliza." Camron glanced at me once. "Let's not discuss this now," he whispered.

"Okay, Architect. I'll inform them."

"E-Eliza," I called when she turned around and aimed for the door. "Tell them that Camron will be there in a few minutes."

Eliza turned to Camron like she was asking for confirmation—of course, he was the boss. I looked at him, too, and met his questioning eyes.

"Pumunta ka na ro'n," sabi ko. "Uuwi na muna ako."

"No," mabilis niyang sagot. "It's not safe for you to be alone, Risse."

"Okay lang. Kailangan ka ro'n sa meeting."

Para kasing ang seryoso ng mukha ni Eliza. Baka may importante silang pag-uusapan lalo na't board members ang mga makaka-meeting niya.

Isa pa, kailangan ko nang umuwi. Ilang araw na kaming magkasama ni Camron at kailangan kong kausapin si Mama at lalo na si Tash.

At si Magnus.

"The meeting will be postponed, Eliza," sabi pa rin ni Camron. "Tell them to wait for the reschedule."