chapter forty-five

a/n: the middle part of this chapter contains mature scenes that are not suitable for readers age below 18.

read at your own risk.

(spg - sex)

Why did Magnus resign?

I ran toward his office and sighed heavily when I noticed it was empty. I took my phone out of my suit's pocket as I walked inside. I dialed his number and was only greeted by an automated message. Still, I tried as I wandered inside.

His things were gone and his office table was clear. I rested my hand against the table when the automated message continued resonating in my ear.

His phone was off.

I eased myself on one of the chairs in front of the table, thinking on why he suddenly resigned. This was his dream job. He was offered before to be a News Anchor from a known network but he declined because he loved working here. So, why resign now?

Was it... because of me?

I massaged my temples. Everything was getting more messed-up. It was getting more complicated. How could Camron and I fix all of these if the problems kept on piling up?

My phone vibrated so I quickly checked it to see if it was Magnus.

It wasn't.

I sat straight before I opened Camron's message.

From: Camron Vista
Call me when you're free, please

Nag-alala ako ro'n. I called him right away when I sensed there was something off in his text.

"Camron?" I nervously called. He didn't respond, his hard breathing could only be heard. "Camron, what happened?"

After hearing him let out a deep sigh, he asked, "You love me, right?"

My forehead creased. That was so random. "What—"

"Do you, Arisse?" he asked again, this time firmer.

"Of course. Seriously, what's—"

"Say it. I want to hear you say it."

"You're acting strange, Camron. Kinakabahan na—"

"I want to hear you say you love me, Arisse," he discontinued. "Please..."

What was his problem?

"I love you," I sincerely said. If he had a problem and only needed my words, I'd give him that.