chapter forty-eight

After I read the texts of Eliza—which I really regretted—I climbed out of bed wearing Camron's dress shirt and my underwear.

I feel sore all over as I walked down his room. I couldn't blame my body to feel pain because I lost count of how many rounds we had last night.

I seriously couldn't keep up with his stamina.

I got out of his room and searched for him in every corner of his place until my feet led me downstairs and finally saw him in his mini bar.

He was sitting on the high stool while holding a glass of alcohol. He was topless and only wearing a pair of gray sweatshorts.

I walked lightly to refrain myself from making a noise. I slowly walked up to him and when I was a bit near to him, I saw a half-finished bottle of liquor on the counter and an ashtray with cigarette butts.

His back muscles rippled as he played with his glass, downing the ice in the alcohol. The lights were dim but I still saw the crescent marks my nails have put on his bare back.

I was already behind him and still, he hasn't noticed me. He's that preoccupied—like he was so lost in his own thoughts.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him from behind. I rested my chin on his shoulder and his manly scent mixed with alcohol and smoke filled my nostrils.

"Why are you still awake?" I asked.

He recoiled for a moment from my sudden touch then I heard him sigh before he turned his head to me. "Why did you get up?" he hoarsely asked before kissing my temple.

"I asked first."

He chuckled shortly and caressed my arms. "Go back to bed. I'll follow after this." He showed me his glass that was still a bit full.

I hugged him tighter and kissed his bare shoulder. "I'll wait," I whispered against his skin.

I need to make sure he'll really sleep after finishing the content of his glass. I know he has a problem. That's why he's still awake. He looked problematic and I wonder if it has something to do with his work.

"It's late, love. Go back to sleep, okay? I'll just finish this," he insisted.

"It's late... but why are you still drinking? And you also smoked."

I really do wonder when did he start smoking. Pangalawang beses ko na 'tong nakikita.

I heard him sigh heavily. "Sorry, I just couldn't sleep earlier."

"Is that really the reason?" I pried.

He stopped because of that.

I want to raise to him what I've read on Eliza's texts... I think he's having a problem with his work. Someone from his firm pulled his shares out.