epilogue

Ending

"Kuya!"

Cel, with a heightened state of energy, beamed and waved at me. She was with Dad and our driver, waiting at the departure doors of the airport.

"Oh, my God!" Cel exclaimed and pulled me in for a tight hug. "I missed you so much!"

I chuckled and ruffled her hair. "I missed you, too."

We let go of the hug and Dad patted my shoulder, showing me a smile as bright as Cel's.

"Good to see you again, son," he said before beckoning our driver to get my luggage bags and bring them to the car. "How's The Big Apple?"

"Same," I answered and massaged my nape. Going to the other side of the world was really draining. Long plane trips sucked.

"What do you mean the same?" Cel asked as we started walking outward. "There's always new in NYC."

Every day was the same. High skyscrapers, crowded streets, and liberal nights. However, every day was also engrossing chiefly when visiting classic and modern buildings.

It felt nostalgic... like it was proffering me the willpower to draw again.

"Have you visited The Oculus?" Dad asked.

"How about the Empire State Building?" Cel added.

I shook my head to both of them and left them behind, getting ahead to the car. Dad and Cel looked as though they were excited but the last thing I wanted now was to tell stories. I needed rest more than anything.

Arriving at Dad's house, Tita Denn welcomed me with a warm smile. She was with Levic.

"Welcome back, Camron," Tita Denn softly greeted. "You're probably tired from your trip."

"Yes," I answered and pointed at Dad. "And Dad isn't giving me a break since I landed."

They laughed and Levic, Tita Denn and Dad's son, nudged my arm.

"Good to see you back," he said, leering at me while smirking. "Met some chicks in New York?"

"Lev!" Cel interjected while pouting. "Kuya went there to have a vacation!"