chapter forty-three

The kiss only lasted for a second as I abruptly pulled away from Camron, my mind was in turmoil.

What on earth did I do? I was still with Magnus and Camron was still with Brielle!

I pushed him a bit. "Camron, this isn't right," I said. "You're with Brielle, I'm—"

"I'll break up with her," he answered and stared at me, his eyes were like pleading. "Can you do the same?"

My eyebrows furrowed and I pushed him a bit. "What?"

"Break up with Magnus..." he trailed off before sighing. "Then let's get back together."

"No." I shook my head. "I... I couldn't do that to. I couldn't do that to Magnus."

My mind flew to Magnus and guilt crept in me. What was I doing? I was... cheating on him. when did I become like this? I was certainly out of my mind.

Camron removed his hand that was resting on my cheek, looking at me with his brows furrowed.

"What will happen next, then?" he asked. "You can't stay in your relationship knowing that—"

"I cheated on him," I cut off, continuing what he was saying.

"If that's what you call it, then be it. We fucking cheated."

"But I'm not like that. I'm not a..." I couldn't even say the word. This wasn't me. What did I do?

"What the fuck?" he unbelievably exclaimed. "Then what's your plan? Be with him and pretend this didn't happen? For fuck's sake, we just kissed, Arisse."

"And that was a mistake." I scooted and rested my back on the headboard. "It shouldn't have happened."

He looked at me like I offended him. "We both know it wasn't a mistake. You fucking asked me to stay."

"But I didn't ask you to kiss me."

"That wasn't the point! It was the fact that you wanted to be with me. It wasn't just a spur of the moment. You know to yourself you meant it when you asked me to stay." He scooted over me and held both of my cheeks. "Do you still love me?"

"But, Cam—"

"No buts. Yes or no. Do you still love me?"

His tone was hard like he was giving me an ultimatum. His hold on my face was firm, not giving me a chance to look away as he patiently waited for my answer.