Chapter 6

SIMON

The sunlight entering through the clear windows, fell directly on my face. It rained cats and dogs last night and now the weather was clear. I tossed and turned on my bed few times and finally woke up with a groan. Running a hand through my curls, I released a yawn and got out of the bed.

Adjusting my eyes to the bright light, I looked out of window to see Baz's Owl perched on windowsill. I hurriedly went towards it. Opening the window, I got the owl and carried it towards my writing desk.

"You must be waiting for me to wake up, yeah?!" I took the letter tied on it's legs and kept it on the table. "I don't know what your owner has named you, but I'd like to call you Snow-white". The owl flapped it's wings and flew out of the window.

There was still some time left for breakfast so I opened the letter by Basilton Grimm-Pitch.

Hello Simon,

Hope you're doing good.

Thanks a million. You're a life saver,Simon. Penny too.

Now, we don't have any reason to talk to each other. But I'd love to know more about you and keep in touch if that's what you wish too.

Also, it's exciting to have a penpal or rather a quillpal to have who's from another magick school.

So, first, I'll introduce myself clearly, as I couldn't do it in my assignment-stressed days.

You know my full name. I'm also in final year. I love reading and playing football, hanging out  with my pals and also to be alone. I like to play violin. The first thing I do when I return to home from school is play violin. It relaxes me. That's all about me.

What else you know and enjoy doing in your leisure time?

Gratefully,
Baz

I read the letter, once. Twice. Folded it back and put it in the last drawer, where other letters by Baz were already stashed and went to take shower.

To be honest, I was waiting for A thankyou letter from Baz, but what I didn't expect was Baz's wish to continue exchanging letters and become friends. Well, it was not a bad idea either.

"Getting to know someone from other school, won't do me any harm." I thought and started getting ready for breakfast.

When I reached the dining hall, I spotted Penny sipping tea from her Cup with the morning newspaper sprawled in front of her.
"Good morning Pen-hen" I greeted her cheerfully.

"Morning Simon, What's with the chirpy mood today?" She replied smiling.

"The weather is nice" I said biting into the warm bread loaf. Taking a sip from teacup, i informed penny about Baz's letter. "He said Thanks to you, that you are a life-saver".

"Well, I did nothing" She smiled tieing her purple dyed hair into a ponytail. "The class starts in fifteen minutes, and today we are going on field. Professor Neonhill has some pixies in store for us to experiment on, finish your breakfast quickly".

Walking towards the class, I was wondering what kind of person Baz is, he must be like Penny. Smart, intelligent and dedicated. Baz mentioned he loved playing football. It was a muggle game and I've  watched few matches on Television back at my Granny's place. All the players were Swift, athletic and had quick reflexes. Maybe it helped him as a magician too.

"I should probably ask him about it in my next letter"
I mumbled and started taking long strides to match Penny's pace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello fellow SnowBaz fans..How are y'all!? With everything going on in the world because of COVID-19 pandemic, please take care of your physical and mental health...

Stay safe. 💜😘