Chapter 20

BAZ

"Simon Snow is straight," I told my pals.

We're sitting in grass facing the lake and  throwing tiny stones at whatever creature's sleeping peacefully in the lake.

"And you're going on  a date with him", Dev said. "Your first ever date, Baz."

I've never uttered a  word about my sexuality to my companions. They've come to an understanding without questioning about it. It must have been obvious for them after seeing me head over heels about Simon Snow.

It kind of feels good. To have non-judgemental and supportive friends.

"That's right. I'm going to my first ever date with a guy I really like. " I said looking at my friends. "Moreover, Snow is attracted to me. I've no idea  what's going on with him. He wants to give it a try. So... yeah."

"What if he says that he was confused and that he was wrong or maybe that he was under a spell or that he was only joking about it all along," Dev said.

I stared at him. Knowing that Dev has best interests at  heart for me, I calmed down.

Niall turned to Dev.

"Moron, must you think negatively and discourage Baz? Look at him, a minute ago he was glowing, now he's withered like a flower." Niall said.

I squinted at him.

"Since when are you so positive?" I asked.

"Well, Helen has a sticker pasted on her Magic Words textbook that said, 'Postivity keeps people going' and I just remembered that." Niall said proudly.

"The thing is, at least Snow wants to try to figure out what's he feeling. It's better than him shutting me off completely from his life. Either way, I can't stop what I'm feeling for him." I said looking over at the lake.

"That's very Romeo of you." Niall said. "Are you nervous?"

"Me? Nervous? You must be kidding me." I said, feeling a mixture of nervous and excitement.

"Yes, Baz. You. Everyone feels it before and on their date day. Majority of the first dates tend to end badly. So, you got a  plan? Want help?"asked Dev.

I snorted. " Like you've dating experience."

"Believe it or not. I've been to couple of dates. And Niall too. So, we know more than you in this area." Dev said.

I turned to them.

" You guys went on couple of dates? Together?!"

"Agghh NO-" Dev shouted.

"NO! We went separately. Dude!!" Niall said.

I grinned.

"All right. Okay. No, I'm good. Excited and a little nervous. Thanks ,guys," I said.

"Well then, come on. Let's go have dinner." Dev said.

With so many uncertainties still bugging in my head, I followed my pals to have dinner. Later, I planned to go for hunting to have real dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading.

💕