Chapter 13

BAZ

After the end of football team-meeting before the match day, I went for a stroll in the woods.

About fifteen minutes later, I returned to my dorm. I took a shower and got into my pajama bottoms.

I stood in front of the mirror, drops of water glinting and dripping from the tips of my long locks, down my bare shoulders.

I wiped my hair with the towel and pulled my hair back to see faint red color in my usual pale face. Then my eyes spotted Simon's lip balm on the dressing table and I took it and opened the stopper.

I've never used lip balm before.  Now, I've no intention to give this to someone or throw it away. So I applied it directly and slowly to my  lips. It smelled of strawberries. I placed it where it was and went to lie on my bed.

Tomorrow's the big day. Meeting Simon snow and Penny for the first time. And a big game to win against the Bulls. So, I decided to sleep to be energetic in the field, the next day.

That night, I dreamt of blurry-faced Simon Snow cheering for me in the stands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SIMON

It was a long drive to Watford. Fortunately we got the bus on time to reach there. Once we arrived at  Baz's school, I was in awe. I've never been to any magick school other than mine, and Watford was spectacular.

No doubt, Hogwarts was a vast castle surrounded by forest and lakes. But, Watford was no less. There were big halls and huge towers, one of which had Baz's room. We had to walk through the school grounds and cross the lake to reach the stadium built on the other side of the castle.

"I wonder what creatures reside in the invisible lake. Do you know Simon, the water of this lake has healing properties? I read it in a book" Penny said while we were passing through the lake, using a boat.

"I didn't know that, what happens if I push you in the water?" I grinned at her.

"Try me, I dare you". She narrowed her eyes at me said confidently.

Once we reached the entrance to the stadium, we were greeted with big banners of "Welcome to Watford" and "23rd inter-school Football tournament- Watford v/s Bullford" suspended in air, probably charmed my magick.

There was a huge billboard showing different players of both the teams. Those guys were fit.

Andre Couture, Bullford
Niall Evanswood, Watford
Paul Leblanc, Bullford
Basilton Pitch, Watford

Basilton Pitch. Jersey no. 9. A very handsome young boy with pale  skin, dark hair that reached his shoulders, and deep grey eyes was looking through the screen directly at me. Something flipped inside me. I felt hot all over. I wanted the time to stop, but next moment the screen changed to show a boy who wasn't Baz.

"Earth to Simon" Penny was waving her hands in front of me. "You can have Baz all you want, let's get to our seats first, shall we?"

We got the cheering sticks and pom-poms before getting to our place on the stands. I was feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

The players from both the teams gathered at the middle of stadium and the head referee tossed the coin. Bullford won the toss and decided to do the On-side kick.

The game started and all I could see was Baz, he was kicking, passing and dribbling the ball with an ease, like he was made for it and scoring goals after goals in first half.

Watford won the match and the players congratulated each other. We were going down the stairs when I saw Baz, looking at the stadium as if he was searching for someone.

When we got near, I called his name. Baz turned towards me and the moment our eyes met, I felt as if millions of untamed butterflies exploded in my stomach.

Baz looked ethereal in person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SnowBaz will meet in the next chapter..Are ya'll excited? Because I am.

Thank you so much for reading. Share it with Snowbaz fans.

Loads of love.💓