Chapter 26

SIMON

It was Thursday. Ebb invited us over at her cottage, After spending some time at her place, laughing and talking, we were back in the main hall for dinner.

Penny and others won't stop teasing me, not that I mind them. They mentioned Baz in every conversation somehow.

Like the other day while we were in herbology class, Penny asked me in front of Prof. Foxglove "Simon, would you come along with me to greenhouse? I need to collect some Basilton.. I mean Basil leaves" and dragged me there.

My days were filled with Sunshine and Rainbows thinking about Baz, and my nights dreaming about him. I was on Cloud nine.

I was standing on the bridge railing, below me the great river was flowing and rushing forward to meet it's beloved sea. I looked down at horror-stricken face of Baz. I was about to jump and he must have read my mind..

"Baz, I hope you are ready to catch me.. because I am falling for you" I screamed and jumped, without giving him any time to think.

And I fell, with a thud.

Upon opening my eyes, I saw the very familiar dorm ceiling. I was lying on the floor, the blankets tangled in legs.

Another dream. And a weird one.

Shaking my head and suppressing laughter, I got up to move back to bed. After few minutes of tossing and turning, when I couldn't go back to sleep, I decided to go out for some fresh air.

It was dark in the common room when I entered. I cast the spell 'Lumos' and instantly regretted doing it.
In front of me I saw a couple making out. Surprised and Embarrassed I turned around.
"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude" I apologized, about to leave the room.

"Holy Shit, Simon?" I heard a hushed and familiar voice. I turned around so fast I almost got a whiplash.

"What the F-" To say I wasn't shocked would be an understatement. "You guys.." I was unable to form any words. Liam and Finn were more shocked than me.

I remembered all those times they were together.
Bickering like a couple.
Liam's head in Finn's lap.
Getting food for the other.

A small smile spread on my lips.

"Since when are you guys together? How come we not know about you?" I asked perplexed.

"This was our first kiss" Liam said grinning. "I was always interested in this idiot"

"But, you were my inspiration. I gathered courage and asked him out" Liam was doing all the talking and Finn was blushing furiously watching him.

"Whoa whoa there. I am so happy for you guys" I said with a genuine smile.

I returned back to my dorm. I missed Baz. Even more now after Watching Liam and Finn together.

So, I decided to write a letter to Baz.

Baby Baz..

THIS IS NOT A DREAM. ALL OF THIS IS REAL.

That's what I say to myself every single day. And every single night.
And now I'd say the same to you. We are blessed to have found each other.

There are many beautiful magical creatures in the woods here. Some are hideous and dangerous too. Dragons, chimera, wolves, worsegers (they are like Badgers, but worse) and whole menagerie of magical creatures..
But I am not fascinated by these creatures, I love spending time with ebb's goats in the grounds. Ebb is the goatherder,and my friend. She is such a sweet person..
Penny must have mentioned all about magical creatures in the essay I sent, no?

Okay, Baz. Why don't we all three go to the same uni and live together? It'd be awesome.

How about the date on Sunday?

Love,
Simon.

I folded the letter and made my way towards the owlery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading.