Chapter 7

BAZ

It was a cool Sunday morning. After having light breakfast, I came to sit under the shade of an apple tree. I also bought my Dark arts textbook with me. Not that I wanted to read it as much, but just to have something in hand while I simply sat there.

"Heya ,Baz", Dev called out, waving  his hand over his head. "Whatcha reading there? Today's Sunday."

"Did you have breakfast?", I asked.

Dev nodded.

"Why? Today's Sunday!"I said.

Niall guffawed.

"Why do you hate me so much, dude?"Dev asked me, completely offended.

"Never did that."I said, grinning a little. And it vanished as soon as all my attention returned to a bird that flew past above me.

I sighed.

"People do that these days",Niall said.

"Do what?"I asked turning to him.

"Looking at the sky and sighing in disappointment and looking dreamy."Niall said.

"Oh,"I said, turning a page in my book.

"Yeah, and most importantly they think we don't know the reason,"Niall said, like he's
enjoying his words. "Our classmate Helen spit her tea because she put salt instead of sugar, Nico wore his shirt inside out and Chan came to breakfast in his uniform without knowing that today's Sunday. All these people are dreamy. Like you. Tell me whose letter are you waiting for?"

"Yeah, at first we assumed it's from your family. But it's not even Christmas. Plus, you never wrote to anybody. Not even to us in summer holidays. Tell us, who is she? Or he?"

I swallowed. I didn't do any crime. But why did I feel a little nervous?

I could tell them that I asked help from a student in Hogwarts and I decided to keep in touch with him and he might not want that.  Simon might not want to stay in touch with me. So, I decided to end this conversation once and for all. After all they're my friends. They need to know it.  It was nothing

"Listen, guys, it's nothing like you think, I asked a Hogwarts student to help me with my assignment. He helped me and he might not want to stay in touch with me-"
At that moment, an owl flew overhead and dropped a letter on my opened-book.

Dev and Niall zeroed in on the letter and then at me.

I felt like I might combust.

I took the letter slowly .Dev and Niall came closer to me.
I opened the letter.

Hello Baz,

I am doing great.Thank you!!

Well, it's my pleasure! I am glad I was of any help to you. Sure, I'd love to be pen-friends with you.

So.. you are football player? That's really cool.. Do you play for your school? Have you ever played in any tournament? Since you are sports guy, you must be having athletic body..
And you must be like one of those popular guys they show on TV.

I am not sports freak like you. But I do love watching people play in matches. We have this quidditch match in school, it's basically magician's baseball. Kinda. In my leisure time I like hanging out with my best friend. And if she is not available I like moping around in school. Or visit grounds to play with goats.

Tell me about your school.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Simon Snow.

P.S: I don't know what the name of your Owl is.. but I've named it Snow-white, just so you know!

CROWLEY!! I screamed internally.

Dev and Niall looked at each other, trying not to laugh out loud.

"Blimey! Baz, You're blushing."Dev pointed out.

"No, I'm not!," I said, wishing to vanish on the spot.

"Yes,You are,"Niall confirmed. "Tell us everything about this Simon Snow".

So, I said as much as I know. Which wasn't very much. But I made it my goal to know everything about Simon Snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello lovelies..
Hope you are enjoying the story. Please vote for it and let me know what you think about it in the comments.

Loads of Love. 😘😘