Chapter 14

BAZ

Next day, I woke up to find out Watford buzzing with excitement. After freshening up, I got dressed up and went to the nearly empty dining hall to the  have breakfast.

On my way to the field, my juniors and classmates wished me luck for the game.

The stadium was bustling with students from various magick schools   Some are dressed in uniforms and others wore whatever they liked.

On one side of the field, Watford cheerleaders were sitting on a bench. Next to them, a couple of boys were also sitting with their drums beside them.

On other side were Team Bullford and Team Watford with their coaches. I jogged up to  my team. I pulled on my arm sleeves and head band. I jogged in the same spot to boost my energy.

I stopped jogging. My eyes scanned for blue eyes and bronze curls in the nearby stands. All I could see was bullford's blue flags and Watford's cheerleaders now standing in their golden outfit with matching pompoms.

"Focus, Baz", Niall said, who came to stand next to me. Niall knew who I was searching for.

I nodded and after a quick pre-match team-talk with coach Mac, we gathered in the
center of the field for the toss.

The game started with a goal by team Watford. Thanks to  me, of course. Whenever Watford scored a goal, the stadium would erupt with applause and cheerleaders' dance  and chants  such as "Watford! Watford!" and  "BAZ! BAZ" and "NIALL! NIALL".

Team Bullford, having played well failed to win the game. I finished the game in the last few seconds by scoring a crucial winning goal.

My ears exploded from the sound of oohs and ahhs and when Watford won the Interschool football tournament.

Students surrounded us to give high-fives and compliments. A girl from 5th or 6th year pulled me down and kissed on my cheek.

At the same moment, I heard someone calling my name.
Someone.

A boy.

I turned to the direction from where the voice came.

There was a boy, with bronze hair and blue eyes, looking at me as though I've  two horns at the side of my head. He had moles on his face. Next to him was a pretty purple-haired girl in huge glasses. In the euphoria of winning the tournament, I'd almost forgot whom I was meeting today.

Then, behind me, right on cue, drum-roll started again. Along with it, my heart started to beat faster and I felt   butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I pulled myself away from the throng to meet the duo for the first time.

"Hey Baz, Congratulations! You were amazing." the boy said.

"Thank you, uh Simon Snow?", I said. He nodded and smiled. I forced myself to look away from him. "Hello Penny! Nice to meet you. Thanks for coming."

"Pleasure is all mine. You've got great moves, Baz. Congratulations!" She said and extended her hand.

I shook her hand and smiled at her. She's got a warm and amiable and beautiful smile.

"Um! Would you like a tour-" I was interrupted by Dev and Niall at that moment.

"Who's here?" Niall said looking at them and then narrowing his eyes at me.

"Snow and Penny meet my pals Dev and Niall. Dev and Niall, you know them. "I said.

Niall's and Dev's mouth opened into a big 'O'.

"Morgana's tooth! Hello Simon, pleased to make your acquaintance." Niall said extending his hand. I rolled my eyes.

"Um. Likewise." Snow said,shaking hands with Niall.

"We've heard all about you", Dev said to Snow.

"Oh!", Simon said and glanced at me and then quickly away.

"That's right! And-  Wait! Oh! Nice T-shirt by the way." Niall said.

I looked at Simon. He was in T-shirt and jeans. On the T-shirt, "My heart is on the field" was printed in fancy letters.

I pretended like I didn't read it and was looking at my shoes.

Penny, who was also wearing t-shirt (GOAL letters printed on it) and jeans, said, "I made him wear it. He's a big fan of Football."

She and my pals exchanged a knowing smile.

"How about I show you guys around here? Later, we can go out to have lunch." I said.

"Sounds good." Snow said.

My pals bid good-bye to Snow and Penny and went to prepare for party tonight.

I lead Snow and Penelope Bunce into the Watford.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading.. Hope you enjoyed it.

Love ya Loads.💓