Lovely Devotion

A short fluffy drabble based on the songs Just the Thing by Meredith O'Connor per request and the song Everything I Did to Get to You by Ben Platt.
————————————————————————
Loki had wrapped his arms tightly around you with your head resting on his chest. "Why do you put up with me?" You grinned, tilting your head to look up at him.

His eyes sparkled playfully but his tone was sincere. "I wouldn't call it putting up with you, darling. I think if anyone is putting up with the other in this relationship, it's you."

You hummed, resting your hands on top of his. "Mhm. What do you want?"

The corners of his lips lifted into a soft smile. "You. Always you."

You leaned as far up as you could and Loki took the hint, bending his head down to press his lips to yours. When you pulled away, you responded, "Okay, but seriously, why do you want to be with me?"

He adorably and frustratingly scrunched up his nose at your question. "I could ask you the same thing."

You gave his nose a peck and murmured softly, "You and I are the same."

Loki's brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

You took one of his hands in yours. "You're strange but I'm the same way. You and I don't fit in anywhere else, but we fit with each other. And you're my light, you make me happy just being near me. I know you'll stay until the end."

Loki's hand, the one you weren't holding, moved to cup your face gently. "I love you."

You tilted your head to the side to press a kiss to his palm before turning to look into his eyes again. "I love you, too. Now, why do you want to be with me?"

You could see the emotion stirring behind his eyes, a sheen of love and acceptance and affection that no one else got to witness. That side was reserved only for you, the one who had never severed trust or used his vulnerability as a weakness. "From the moment I met you, you saw me. You can see things the way I see them and you don't try to tell me I'm wrong or broken. You never try to fix me, you just want to love me."

Tears welled in your eyes as he exposed his heart to you once again. "Oh, Loki. You have no idea how much I truly do love you."

His smile was one of the rare, genuine smiles that appeared on the good days. The best days. "Yes, I think I do.