Chapter Thirty-Six

The ride home was deafeningly and distressingly silent. When Finno was done talking, he immediately walked her out of the scene and carried Aurine that seemed to be oblivious of the wavering air. He did not let Calev utter words for his own defense. And she did not want it either way. Di niya alam ang gagawin kung sakaling sumagot pa ito. What Finno did was uncalled for but so was what Calev said. Wala itong karapatan na pagsalitaan ang asawa niya ng ganun.

When they arrived home, Finno was still silent. She watched him as he got Aurine from the backseat and made way to her daughter's room. She could only sigh deeply upon the flow of events and went to her room.

She knew that Finno would demand a talk and she was not shooing away the idea of it. She wanted it too. She wanted to explain.

She took a bath hoping to freshen up her mind but as she was at it, a needless scene made way to her mind. How could she think of the kiss that almost happened between her and Calev! Nababaliw na siya. And how could she think of it as an almost kissing? For the love of God, he just leaned toward her!

She shook her head hard. Hindi niya pwedeng maisip pa yun. Hindi na siya yung dating August that would lay all her cards for him, no.

She was not that woman anymore, she knew that. Everything felt different. The man might be married now or may nobya na ito, she would not know. But nevertheless, she's married for God sake! If there was one thing she was sure after everything that happened, that was the idea that they could never happen. Never before, never in the present.

Nang lumabas siya sa shower room ay agad siyang nagbihis. She would just wait for her husband. He'd be there in a few. She spent her time by reading a book she purchased last month. She was almost done of it and if her husband would take longer, she sure could finish the whole book tonight.

In the middle of reading, questions flood her. They were not unbidden questions that she should have asked herself instead of thinking things that were futile.

Why did he do that? Why did he act that way?

Sure, he could be driven by his anger and frustration but there was no need for him to call his husband a bastard. What did he know for him to say that? Nothing, she bet. And what about what he almost did?

Before her mind was able to go somewhere she knew she would regret, someone knocked on the door.

It was definitely Finno. At hindi nga siya nagkamali nang bahagyang bumukas ang pinto at bumungad ang mukha nito mula doon. Wala pa din siyang nababasang emosyon sa mga mata nito kaya hindi niya alam kung ano ang nararamdaman nito.

He was just looking at her and she knew what he was asking kaya tumango siya giving him the permission to enter.

Pigil niya ang kanyang hininga nang diretso itong tumungo sa tabi niya at naupo sa kama. He was not withdrawing his stares. Ilang minuto silang nagkatinginan. Nahihiya siya dito but she had to explain.

Finno did not deserve to be left behind. She vowed to give him everything she could offer even if he did not ask for it, pambawi man lang sa lahat ng ginawa nito sa kanya.

She heaved a deep breath. It was now or never, she told herself.

"He's him."

She knew that she did not have to beat around the bush, and that Finno would understand immediately. Alam nito ang lahat sa kanya, there was nothing to hide and to fear. Ni minsan hindi pinaramdam ni Finno sa kanya na pwede niya itong katakutan. He would rather help than scare her. He was that precious kaya hindi niya pwedeng itanggi nalang dito ang bagay na alam niyang may ideya na ito.