Chapter Twenty-Eight

"I'm Celina's sister, your biological mother's sister."

She never believed that time could stop... until then.

When she a kid, she dreamed to be a princess that had the power to stop the time. She always imagined her mother to be the source of such. Whenever her mother went home from work, she would eagerly dress up like a princess and would carry her magic wand toy and ran over her mommy.

Back then, she could not understand why her mother would always sway the idea out, telling her that princesses were not real and that there's no such thing as inherited powers.

"You make your own powers," was her line.

After some time, she stopped believing.

But right at that moment, she just wanted to believe in magic and glimmers again.

Na may kapangyarihan siyang patigilin ang lahat ng pangyayari sa buhay niya. That she was a princess who inherited her queen's strong heart in facing battles.

She was wondering how her mommy would deal on what she's encountering, shall she step on her shoes.

Her mother was mostly distant but she never ever thought of her to be lacking because she provided everything she needed.

So why was this woman telling her that she was her biological's mother's sister? Kilala niya ang lahat ng kapamilya ng mommy niya, and she was an only child. Wala itong mga kapatid even step-siblings.

"Did you hear me? I am your mother's sister. Celina Derosso and not Alicia Willinton. And you killed her!" The younger woman shouted while emphasizing the names she uttered as if that would knock something on her.

The thing was... it actually did.

Hindi ito nagpapawat kahit hawak na ito ngayon ng isang pulis. She kept on yelling.

"Dapat ay ikaw nalang ang namatay! You killed my sister! You killed my sister!"

Nagwawala na ito ngayon kaya pinipilit na ito na lumabas sa silid.

She was just rooted on her place, oblivious of the tears that were falling. Madami siyang tanong na kanina niya pa gusto isatinig pero she could not find the energy to let them out on her head. They just stayed there, waiting to be heard.

The more they get unanswered, the more she's finding the courage to jump on the cliff of conclusions... concluding things that she herself could not and would not want to accept.

She would want to believe that all of this was not happening but the voice of the woman was piercingly loud than her hopes and prayers.

"Ma'am, nakakagulo po kayo-"

"Let go of me!"

"Ma'am-"

"Di mo ba ako kilala?" The woman enragedly faced the policeman that was holding her one arm.

The older woman seemed calm watching the scene. It seemed like she knew what would happen next.

"Ma'am, kailangan-"

"I'm a Derosso!"

As if that was an enough warning, the policeman hastily pulled out his hands from the woman. She saw the older one flaunted an insulting smile at the police.

Derosso?

She felt like she heard it somewhere but could not fathom where. But she was sure that that surname was never hers and that surname was no way connected to her family line.