Chapter Two

I'll try and use 3rd person from this chapter until the last.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

The last thing a person could expect on August was to see her in the kitchen  humming while holding a laddle, stirring the ingredients  for a dinner. She despised cooking. She tried not once, neither twice but surrendered. She always ended up burning the whole kitchen.

Kitchen is like a restricted area where she was not allowed to go or touch anything. So, when she told her parents that she wanted to live by herself, they were horrified. The question that lingered on their mind was that, "How will August live?" And she knew that.

It's the first time August approached them about the matter of being independent. And August thought, it's time. She's twenty-six and she would try her very best to survive on her own.

Her parents agreed at last given that she would be under the roof in one of their hotels. She was very ecstatic about the idea knowing that there was a branch of their hotel that were just few blocks away from Calev's.

For six months of living alone in her condo, never did she touch anything on the kitchen except when she needed to use glasses or plates for her ordered food at her favorite restaurant in town.

Now, she could feel the tension she felt when she was sixteen, the first time she tried to cook and ended up burning all the recipe in a pan.

This was not the first time she wanted to cook though she hated it. She started thinking about making something by her own hands the time she discovered Calev loved cooking and that he loved women who love cooking as well. Yet, she was afraid. She could even recall the last reminder of her mother on her.

"The time you destroy anything on that condo, you will come back here and live with us until you learn not to harm every single object you touch" she would always repeat.

Her mother was always the strict one. She couldn't remember when did the time na nagpaalam siya na wala itong masamang sinasabi at paalala. She was not dumb enough para maintindihan na hindi siya ganun kamahal ng mommy niya gaya ng dad niya.

Why? That she didn't know. Her dad kept on saying na her mom was not just good on expressing her feelings and she considered it as the reason because aside from it, wala na siyang alam.

Alicia Willinton didn't like the idea of her daughter chasing Calev Montelles. She knew all the whereabouts of August. It was just last month when she discovered her daughter's obsession on the guy. The guy seemed so proud to himself and August, as a Willinton, must not crawl on someone. Willintons were the one to be crawled up. She would just waste  time for the guy, Alicia told her.

August muttered a silent prayer. Nagdadasal siyang walang mangyaring pagsabog sa unit niya. Nagdadasal siyang walang mag a-alab sa isa sa mga kagamitang kusina niya. Nagdadasal siya na maging maganda ang kalalabasan ng gagawin niya.

She was planning to cook a Mechado. It was Calev's favorite. Namili siya ng mga kinakailangin sa pagluluto kaninang tanghali sa malapit na mall sa condo niya. Now, with all the bags of ingredients, in front of her, where should she start?

As the right thing to do, she followed all the instructions she could follow on the net.

This was an achievement!

She waited for the buzzer to beep para malaman niyang malambot na ang karneng pinakuluan niya.

She  was on her way to her bedroom to get her phone para maitext si Calev but decided not to.