Chapter Forty-One

"Let us not talk about it here with a child," Finno said after a moment of silence.

She was just breathing heavily, not really knowing what to do next. How could he know about it? The matter was exclusively for their family. They made sure na hindi ito lalabas sa publiko dahil ayaw ng mga del Prago na may makisawsaw sa desisyon nila lalo pa at kilala ang mga ito sa lugar. Kaya bakit? Bakit nito nalaman na on process na ang annulment nila ni Finno, na ilang buwan na lang ay di na siya del Prago?

She was still stunned when Calev looked at her. She wanted to avert her gaze pero may parang magnet na humihila sa kanyang manatiling nakatingin dito. She could not read anything from his eyes and it scared her. This was Calev, the man she always had no clue about. She wished he could spare her some but he just would not, he's that unpredictable and she was afraid, she always was.

After some time, he silently nodded with his stares unwavering. Siya na ang kusang nag-iwas ng tingin. She did not want to prolong the ache because the more time she stared at him, the more that she gets to be reminded of how a fool she was to be trapped by his new game.

What made him think that they would go with him? And who was he to meddle with their family matters. It was not for him to find out nor his business to get in touch. It was true that Finno and her were about to get annulled few months from now, it was anticipated and decided yet too sudden than what was planned.

She met Finno when he was just starting again while she was on the brim of falling on her own miseries. Finno helped her and in exchange, with no force intended, she offered him her hand for marriage.

Finno needed it because at that time, he was nowhere to get his grandfather's trust again after being out from rehab. His grandfather did not suggest nor mention anything about him marrying but after two years na wala man lang sinasabi ang lolo nito, he decided that he had to make a move.

They have family members that are after the wealth of the senior del Prago, and Finno was aware of their intentions. Finno was an ex-military officer and despite not having an interest with their family business, farming, and handling of the resort, he just had to do it.

Hindi lingid sa pamilya nito na siya ang paboritong apo ng namayapang Senyora del Prago lalo na ang naiwang Senyor. Wala na ang lola nito nang mapasok siya sa rehab. His grandfather was disappointed at him but nevertheless, accepted him nung bumalik siya sa probinsya.

It was heartbreaking for Finno that he could not feel the trust that the senior had shown him before.That time, Finno was convinced na mapupunta sa mga gahaman nitong kapamilya ang mga ari-arian ng senyor kaya nagdesisyon itong magpakasal. It was the only way for him to prove to his grandfather that he was ready to take heavier responsibilities despite what happened to him.

And there she was with a child. Kahit nung mga taon na 'di pinagkakatiwalaan si Finno ay tanggap naman sila ng lolo nito. In fact, parang mas mahal pa nga nito ang anak niya kaysa sa apo nitong si Finno, at least that was what always Finno told her. They loved her daughter dearly that she did not hesitate to volunteer as his wife nung pinagtapat nito na gusto nitong gumawa ng paraan para makuha ulit ang tiwala ng abuelo.

The most horrifying of all was that she was the one to suggest that they get married. Hindi na bago sa kanya ang prinsipyong marriage for convenience as she was once in a corporate world before she return to scratch.

It was easy for her and she thought that she had nothing to lose, anyway. She has a daughter, and proving to Finno's grandfather that he was doing great through having a family, was just a snap of a finger for them. They planned to stay married until Finno was sure to get his inheritance, they thought about five years. But the twist came in when, six months ago, the senior found out about what they did.