Chapter Five

"Good morning dad," August greeted her dad the time na nakapasok siya sa opisina nito.

Mr. Willinton looked at her like he knew something was up already. She smiled warmly at him at binalik naman iyon ng daddy niya.  She walked near him at tumayo ang daddy niya para salubungin siya ng isang yakap na madalas gawin nito.

"Good morning baby." At talagang baby pa din ang tawag ng kanyang ama sa kanya. Why, she was an only child.

August was a daddy's girl. She went to him whenever she needed help because of all people siya lang ang nasasandalan ni August at all times. He was her bestrfriend. He knew everything about her, especially sa part that she was head-to-heel in love with a Montelles.

She knew her father didn't have any problem about being in love. Spending so much efforts that even going to work was being sacrificed, diyan lang ito may problema.

"Are you okay now?" he asked casually. She knew he sensed it.

"A bit dad. Still got a cold." At least di na siya nagsinungaling na may sipon nga siya.

Her dad's look soften on her. She sure knew how protective this man was to her. But it was just a cold, it was not like she would die from it.

"I see. But.." he was hesitant. When he talks with but, alam niya na ang kasunod na tanong.

"Did you.. did you–"

"Yes dad," she finished for him. Alam naman nito na nagpupunta siya kay Calev that was why, minsan late siya sa mga meetings nila o kaya di na ito pumapasok.

Mr. Willinton let out a known frustrated sigh. She knew he was just worried. May hinahabol silang important client from the NY pero ayun siya, nagfefeeling chef at iniwan lahat ng trabaho sa opisina. Buti sana kung kinabukasan, pumasok siyang may ngiti sa mukha dahil finally, may nagawa siyang dish na matatawag na pagkain kaso wala eh, she failed. She made a shit nga daw.

"How'd it go?"

August let out a forced smile. "Still the same," she answered shortly.

"Baby, do you think it's time for you to stop th–"

"Don't go there dad! You know I won't. I love him and yes he doesn't love me but that goes with yet. He doesn't love me yet but he will. He will dad." She smiled to her father like assuring him that all of those she said would come true.

"If you say so. You know I'll always be here for you, yes?"

August plastered a sweet smile and nodded her head.

August stayed on his father's office for about half an hour talking about business and sunddenly shifted about the movies her father have persuaded her mom to watch last night. It was fun as she listened to her father retelling what happened. For once, nagsisisi siya na umalis siya ng bahay nila.

She wanted to see her mother laugh so hard like how her father described it. Never did August saw Mrs. Willinton acted that way when she was still around. She was always strict. She understood that dahil iniisip niya na yun naman dapat ang mga magulang but when she was more prone to the reality, her thought changed.

Pinilit niya nalang itong intindihin dahil baka may malalim pa itong rason kung bakit ganun ito ka strict sa kanya na kahit wala pa siyang ginagawa ay pinaparamdam na nito na napakabigat na ng kasalanan niya.

First thing she did ng naka upo siya sa office chair niya ay ang huminga ng malalim.

She half expected the mountain of folders na nakasalampak sa mesa niya. She thought of calling the restaurant na pinag orderan niya but thought of doing it pagkatapos niyang magawa ang dapat na gawin niya.