Chapter Four

"Ma'am, sasakay po kayo?" dinig niyang tawag sa kanya ng driver ng isang taxi na huminto sa may gilid niya.

Hindi ito pinansin ni August. Nagpatuloy siya sa paglalakad sa kung saan man siya dalhin ng mga paa niya.

Nakakatawa kasi parang nakikisabay naman ang ulan sa nararamdaman niya. Umiiyak din ito katulad niya. Nilalamig na siya pero wala siyang pakialam. Wala lang ito sa sakit na nararamdaman niya ngayon.

Sa lahat ng pagkakataon ay dito pa siya pumalpak. Pero sapat na ba yun? Sapat na ba yung hindi maganda ang lasa ng pagkaing niluto niya dahil first time niya lamang iyon, na dapat na siyang pagsalitaan ng ganun ni Calev na parang pinapatay na siya ni August sa lasa nito?

Ang sagot?

Yun pa ang hinahanap ni August dahil kahit nakakaramdam na siya ng pagod sa paglalakad at lamig dala ng papalakas na ulan, di pa din niya nahahanap ang sagot.

Hindi na tinikman pa ni August kung gaano kapangit ang lasa ng mechado niyang niluto para kay Calev. Itinapon na niya ito the time na nahagilap ng mata niya ang basurahan sa labas ng building. She might always think how bad it tasted kung dadalhin niya pa ito pauwi and if when she would remember what happened because of it, it would not prevent her from being guilty.

As August was walking like a lost cat under the rain she passed a coffee shop.

She heard her stomach churned. Hindi siya kumain kanina bago siya umalis dahil ang plano ay kakain sila ng sabay ni Calev with the food she cooked in front of them.

How stupid!

She was about to step inside the coffee shop when she remembered a thing.

Hindi siya nagdala ng extra money. Well, she planned on all this shit. She didn't bring her wallet, her cards, her cellphone and even her car with her, just the enough money na pambayad sa pang taxi niya papunta sa condo ni Calev. She was planning to make an excuse na di niya nadala ang lahat ng mga iyon para maihatid siya ni Calev. She knew Calev. Though he hated her guts, he still have that soft spot of him for her.

And now, look to where her assumed stuffs lead her. Assuming kills, damn it!

Her lips formed a thin line as she tried to ignore the music on her beloved stomach. She continued to walk as she was thinking deeply– not on how she could get herself back home but on how she could make it up to him. She could sleep on the street and get caught with the police and spend her night on a cell but that was only possible if she could ever sleep.

On her state? August really did not think so.

Just as she was going to drop the matter defeatedly, she passed a restaurant. She read the name as The All Yours Pinoy.

Isang ideya ang pumasok sa utak niya. Her lips immediately curved into a smile as she muttered a thank you to the Lord above that he gave her the answer to her burden.

With all the positive vibes that surrounded her being, she entered the restaurant praying na nasa menu ang hinahanap niya.

Few people were on a line nang pumasok siya kaya naghintay pa siya ng konti. As she was scrutinizing the whole place to kill the time, she realized it was a good and refreshing place. It was beautiful. The waiters were using a Pinoy Hat and Barong Tagalog while the waitresses were on their cute random colored Filipiniana dresses that were cut just under their knees. They also have that hanker on their heads. The Pinoy ambiance was enveloping her. The furnitures were like naturally designed by nature.