Dream:34

Nobody wakes up hoping to be a hero. I suppose it ends up just happening sometimes. My whole life I've had a huge secret that I've kept a secret for obvious reasons. I am one of few who can.. well, transform into a dragon. A full blown fire breathing dragon.

I lead a very normal life.. Infact nobody even knows I can shift into a dragon besides my brother who can also shift. It is unknown as to who else is a Dragon because we try to keep our existence a secret for obvious reasons of being hunted. Now some people hunt us for our abilities and other people hunt us just to kill us. We have an unwavering loyalty for those we accept as being close to us however we never forget anyone who has scorned us.

We shift at least once a week in a safe secluded space because if you go a while without shifting you become very irritable and aggressive. You may or may not start breathing smoke as a tell tale sign before the fire that you need to shift soon. If we experience a lot of anger we also need to shift because the dragon in us wants to fight.

With all that being said I'm Kiara and I'm 21 and I'm touring a college campus with my brother Ethan who's 20.

"Ki! Look! This place is absolutely insane they have state of the art everything! The structure of the building is beautiful and oh! Look at the athletic fields! "

I glance around with uncertainty as my brother gushes over absolutely everything. The tour guide shows us to the fields and a coach with an oddly familiar face approaches me.

"Hey!"

Hi..

"You don't remember me do you?"

I sheepishly looked to the ground and looked back up awkwardly.

Sorry I don't but you look familiar.

"That's quite alright, I cant seem to remember either. So many of you come and go.."

He put his hand out for me to shake and we shook hands for an awkward amount of time before he let go smiling.

"I think you'll make a fine addition"

Something about him doesn't sit right with me.

Thank you.

The scattered group of people around us looked at our exchange with confused expressions. Did I do something wrong?
Where's Ethan?

"Hey!"

A random girl with a concerned look approaches me and pulls me away from lurking eyes.

Hi..

She studies me quickly.

"What did he say to you?"

That he thought he knew me and that I would make a nice addition here.. Why?

She looked at me confused.

"Really? Coach Hans isn't friendly with anyone he's actually the hardest coach to deal with.. Don't get me wrong he makes sure that we always win but he lacks friendliness and empathy.. It was strange for everyone to see him being nice and smiling.. There's something.. Weird about him. I know you don't know me but please stay away from him. I'm Isabelle and I'm sure we'll be good friends."

Yeah I was thinking something didn't quite add up about him but now that she's said that I know for certain that something doesn't quite add up.

Thank you, I will head your advice. I have to go find my brother now.

She responded with a simple nod.

"See you later uh-"

Kiara