Dream20

I'm pushed down into a bed, my wrists and ankles are chained down, I yank the chains but my wrists keep bleeding more. I violently struggle like a mental patient.

"ROSE!"

Where is that voice coming from

"ROSE WAKE UP"

Sounds like Ann what's she doing here?

"YOUR HAVING A NIGHTMARE WAKE UP"

fuck not another one of these.

"ROSE"

What.

My throat is dry, my voice is weak it's day 3 since I was saved from my captors.. I've been gone for a year and 4 days.

"Are you okay"

She leans forward to touch me and a flinch away. She looks hurt by my reaction but she has no idea what I've been through... Nobody does... I was tortured for a year so they could try to break me and I wouldn't break. Mind readers and people trying to break in my head and feed my lies, people pretending to be my friend, refusing to give me food, refusing to give me water, beating me, doing unimaginable things to me.... I can still feel him..

"Rose"

What? yeah I'm fine.

"We're almost home"

Home? the word sounds so foreign to me, it all feels like a trick. I stare out the window waiting to be ripped out of the car and thrown to the ground. 

"No Max, She doesn't realize we're here, no she's just constantly off in her own world.. Be easy with her it's been a long journey... We still don't know what they've done.... "

I suppose Ann doesn't realize that I have my advanced hearing back since the power blockers are wearing off.. She sucks at whispering anyways.

"Rose"

A breeze hits my face and I stare at the direction the voice is coming from my bestfriend.

Maxy?

A small  smile finds itself on my face as I hug him and he very carefully wraps his arms around my skeltal like frame. The last couple months weren't good for me.

"Yes Lovely it's me, I'm going to carry you okay?"

I nodd slowly and i feel his arms snake around me as his tears stain my shirt. It was hard for him to see me like this .. The thing is I don't even know what this is there weren't any mirrors there so I can't imagine how I must appear.

I see tears and hear broken sobs from pack members as they take in my appearence. They know I never gave them up I wasn't a werewolf but not for a second did I ever give them up. I am one of the secret society of the gifted who stay hidden because we are very powerful and hunted by others but we go on missions because we have knowledge of the past and present and on one of those I met Adam. I didn't know he was an Alpha until later, my kind stays very well hidden so we are like the myth of the supernatural world. I was taken protecting him when my loyalties were questioned by others.    

Maxy where is Adam?

It's kinda weird that the beta of the pack is here carrying me and not the Alpha.

"I'm taking you to him honey, I need you to know something.. After you sacrificed yourself for him his wolf went crazy"

He was going to die.

I remember it perfectly we went to the human world to have dinner and then all hell broke loose. I had let my guard down and they poisoned his drink.

"I know sweetie but the thought of him loosing you drove him crazy and thne when they started putting power blockers in you he couldn't feel you anymore and his beast lost it after 4 months and we had to lock him up. He's gone wild he only has rare sane moments and in those moments he cries and asks for me to find you.. I've been acting Alpha until he's better."

We approached a building with a series of guards and Max mumbled a whole bunch of stuff and we passed through 5 doors before I saw his figure hunched over.

"Johnny can I speak to Adam?

Adam is gone.

His wolf was talking. I was placed on my feet as Max approached the biggest cage I've ever seen. He was scary like this .. He couldn't sense me yet. I hid behind Max's figure and Johnny growled and sped over to claw at him. 

"I've got a surprise for you."

He reached over and unlocked the door.

Big mistake Beta.

"Hey asshole smell the air and come to your senses"

He takes a whiff of the air.

Where? Your lying.

Max steps out from infront of me and Adams eyes snap to me and he slowly moves closer his eyes flickering from green to black. 

Rose? My Rose what did they do to you?

He stares at me as if I'm not real. He moves towards me at lightning speed and I flinch and start to cry.

Please don't hurt me.

His Arms wrap around my figure as he inhales my scent and I feel his tears,

You're really here.

He picks me up as if I weigh nothing and hold me close. 

Thank you Brother (Max)  for everything you've done you've been the greatest person I could ever ask for thank you for helping me keep a small strain of sanity by talking to me about your day and pack matters. You are relieved of your duties I need to take her to the pack doctor... I will give you anything you desire you've found my mate and now I'm whole again.

I continue to cry as the rest of their conversation becomes a blur.. I can't believe I'm actually here, that any of this is real, that I'm finally home.

Home in his arms.