Oh, dear is right my dear

So here we stand, inside the Meritech building looking like lost children. Well, except for the fact that Five is holding a glass eyeball with the Meritech logo on the back. The small chatter of the early morning flows around the office as we wait to get helped by someone. While we wait I take to scanning the room. A woman, the receptionist, sits at her desk as a doctor and patient pass. The man was on crutches due to the obvious reason that his left leg was missing. On either side of the receptionist's desk sits mannequins with certain body parts highlighted. Hmm, I wonder if Five thinks those mannequins are hot. I silently chuckle at my somewhat pettiness.

Suddenly, a man walks through a set of glass doors and stops at the desk, looking at the receptionist, then Five and I, then the receptionist again with a confused look. "Uh," he turns to look at us with a more put together face, "Can I help you?"

Five turns back around and walks closer to me. "I need to know who this belongs to," he holds up the prosthetic eyeball for the man to see.

"Where did you get that?" the man questions while slightly pointing at the eyeball.

"What do you care?" Five retorts.

The man gives Five a look and I know it's my time to step in. "Oh, um, sorry. We...we found it...at a playground, actually. Uh, must have just..."

Five clicks his tongue and finishes my sentence, "Popped out." We both smile at the man, me with my most innocent and sweet smile I can muster and Five...well...with his most sarcastic smile. The man gives us a lopsided smile, I guess taking our story. "We want to return it to its rightful owner."

"Oh...what a thoughtful young couple," the receptionist coos.

I quickly go to deny it but yet again Five is too quick and just plays it off, "Yeah. Look up the name for us, will ya?" She furrowed her eyebrows at him as I gently nudged his arm, giving him a warning.

The doctor interrupts Five's attempt, "Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you-"

"Yeah, I know what it means," Five cuts in snarkily. Again, I nudged him with my elbow trying to tell him to cut it out dumbass since I guess he didn't get the message last time.

"But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just-"

"Yeah, you're not touching this eye," Five sneers at him. I throw my hands up in annoyance, oh, Christ. Here we go.

"Now, you listen here, young man-"

Five quickly lunges forward and grabs the man's collar, pulling him toward himself. "No! You listen to me, asshole. I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give us the information we need and we'll be on our merry way." When I tell you that this man looks like he is about to piss his pants I mean like running down his trousers on to the floor type shit. "And if you call me 'young man' one more time, I'm going to put your head through that damn wall."

"Oh, dear," the receptionist says meekly.

I chuckle, "Oh, dear is right my dear."

"Call security," the doctor directs at the woman quietly.

"Yeah," she replies as she picks up the phone to dial. I quickly walked over to her and put the phone back down on the receiver, "You don't need to call, we can find our own way out, thanks. Let's go, Five."

Five looks back at the man and shoves him backward again then follows me to the elevator. "I was doing fine," he said as the doors closed and pushed the ground floor button.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, sure you did. They were totally about to give you the information. Never seen someone so smooth."

"Shut up," I giggle to myself. "We need to come up with a plan B."

The grin that already occupied my face only grew wider. "I already have one."

He looks over at me for a split second, "This can't be good can it?"

"Better than anything you've got," I fire back. 

"Okay, fine. Tell me what you're thinking then."

The elevator dings signaling our arrival on the ground floor. "I think we should pay Klaus a visit, don't you?" I say as the door opens and I walk out with a smug smile on my face.