Chapter 6: Sakumo's mate

After leaving Kakashi in his bed. Orochi follows Sakumo to the living room area.

"Please, can we talk?"

"Alright, but after all that, I'm feeling drained. And I'm sure you need your rest also. So let's keep this brief."

"You're right. So dragon clan? I think I understood most of the song except for the chakra burning tattoo and clan mark set anew. Have you figured out what it means?"

"No those two lines still hold a mystery. Sakumo, I'm....I'm truly sorry for all of this. I'm imposing on your life and in your home and have hijacked your son."

Orochi kneels before him prostrating himself, begging forgiveness. Tears leaking from his eyes. He feels a hand on his head and it combs fingers through his coal-black locks. He looks up into a warm smiling face.

"Stop saying your sorry Orochi, get up. Sit here beside me. I am the one who should beg forgiveness from you. I was such a bad parent that my son went out and found a new one."

"Nani!? You know that's not true, right? Don't belittle your parenting. Kakashi loves you wholeheartedly and spoke of nothing but his To-san for the first three days after finding me. I actually was jealous of you."

Sakumo reaches for and grabs a lock of Orochi's silky hair. He twirls it in his fingers.

"Is that true? Because I'm jealous of my son and his bond with this lovely creature who sits beside me. My son gets to freely touch what my hand burns to touch also. He gets your kisses and I get nothing. When I want you just as achingly as he does."

Orochi swallowed a moan. Eyes round in shock from what this man just confessed. He licked his lips at the mention of a kiss. And when Sakumo's eyes tracked the action wantonly, Orochi's stomach felt a flutter as though he had butterflies trapped inside him.

No one ever had said anything close to as sweet and charming to him as Sakumo's words. Sakumo's hand trailed from where he was playing with Orochi's hair to his shoulder and slowly down his arm.

"Does this bother you, Orochi? Are my confessions uncomfortable for you?"

Orochi had no idea what to say. He felt awkward and inept. He felt beautiful and wanted. He was floating and sinking.

"I think... I should... go to sleep. It's been a long day. Can you show me the bathing room and which bed room I can use?"

Sakumo backed off with a smile.

"I'm in no rush, Utsukushī. I want you just as much as my son. I want to hold you in my arms and kiss those delicate lips. But I'm not in this just for the want of your body, I want all of you and if that means I have to take my time, I will. If I have to learn everything about you and show you how I care, I will. I will earn your love, Orochimaru of the Sannin, descendant of the Doragon clan. And when I do, I'll show you the one other way Hatakes bond. Through their mates."

Orochi was up and starting to hyperventilate. His blush was full body now. Never in his wildest dreams had he thought someone would declare their intentions so thoroughly and clearly about him.

Sakumo chuckled. And stood up.

"Breath, Orochi, I promise nothing will happen between us until you fully understand how I feel. Come this way, there is a room between Kakashi's and mine you can have. And the bath is at the far end of the hall. Towels and toiletries are in the cabinet right outside. Laundry is across the hall. I think I have some old clothes that won't hang off you to badly for tonight. I'll change the bedding and air out the room while you take a bath. That is unless you'd like me to bath with you, my Utsukushī ?"