Chapter 25: Deal done

I sat in a chakra canceling cell. My hopes and dreams sat in the mud. I had screwed up royally and my family was now paying for it. I wondered where it had all gone awry. Maybe it would be easier for them if I committed seppuku. Take myself out, before I could ruin my family further with the taint of a traitor.

While I contemplated how I could do the act here with no weapons; my jailer came by.

"Here you are you filthy scum, enjoy your meal. It may be your last."

The shinobi flung a bowl at me as he opened the door quickly and shut it as just as quickly.

The food hit the floor in front of me. I hope that was where he was aiming and not for me, because otherwise, he needed basic training all over again. He spat at me as he left.

The food was some sort of porridge-like substance. But it had what looked like bugs and spit in it. The problem was this was only the second meal I had been provided since I was locked up. And even though I was an elite jonin and could go days between food, it was going on five days since. So I choked the putrid shit down.

I engulf the water given. Water I could have frequently, but it seemed they wanted me weak from starvation. Perhaps wanted to beat me once I was weak enough. They dared not try before, honor or not I would not sit still for that.

After eating and drinking I curled up in a ball for warmth. I had no cot or blanket. I went into a meditative state and focus on my chakra. I couldn't manifest it but rather circled it through my body to generate heat.

I fell asleep doing so. And this is how my days were spent. Wanting to end my life before they did. Drinking water to stay hydrated. Eating if I was brought food and meditating.

No visitors, except my jailors.

That is until Shimera showed up.

"Well, well, well, Hatake-san, how the mighty have fallen. You look like a needy beggar at this point."

I raise my head from my meditation and peered at the fucker.

"What do you want? If it's to gloat, be gone, know you've won, and get my execution started."

"I think not. You see I have won the bigger prize than your death. One I've expected from the start. Your (he choked) husband has conceded to work for me and give me what I want."

"You lie."

"Yes, usually, but in this instance, no. Orochimaru has made a deal. Your freedom and status back for his cooperation in my lab."

"Never! He would not stoop to your level. He'd make a deal with shinigami himself first. I do not believe you."

"Believe it or not. It is done. Your release and status has already been reinstated. I am here to make sure you are released. And if I were you, I'd be a good little shinobi from now on, as your precious husband will be in my care and your children are attended to every minute of every day by Anbu. So be nice Hatake. I'd hate for more misfortune to come to your family. And if Orochimaru does not give me what I want in the time frame I want it, well of course there is another way."

The threat was evident. Do not try for him again or he would hurt my family. And if Orochi didn't give him exactly as he wanted he would seize Kabuto to figure it out. Whatever deal Orochi made, this was not worth it. I figured the Hokage may of had a hand in this. Maybe it was a ploy to get Danzo to reveal himself. But the problem was that man was wrapped in so much deceit and secrets even Kami-sama herself could not get him out.

He walked away.

Guards came in then and cuffed me. They allowed me to walk between them. But roughly handled me just the same. At the entrance, I was met with Anbu and Shimera.