Chapter 28: Minato's Game Plan

I had to send dad a letter. I also needed to speak to the Hokage. It sounded like mama was in over his head, and he needed extraction for some reason. And who ever else he deemed needed it also. For some reason mama was not telling any of us what was going on. He had seemed to be more shut off then he origanally said he would be, but with the cryptic message he had said to Kakashi it seemed our mother was trying to get us to know he and someones else was in trouble. First I needed to tell dad.

'Dad,

I am writing you to let you know that Hatchling brought up something mama said. Hatchling being as bright as he is, picked up on it and passed it to me. Somehow he figured out about you and that I was in contact. But he said mama said and I quote, "It's gonna take more than all our family, even if your To-san tried to help, to dig me out of the grave that the rat has put me in. Besides I'm not the only one who needs rescuing."

I know I've told you that mama seemed to pull further into a cold, shut off state than originally planned. Also that mama had no contact with anyone especially mama's Sensei or my sensei or the medic. But I'm starting to think mama might not be able to.

This was the first time ever that Hatchling has said something like this. Mama does not speak at all about the plan to anyone. He figured something out and was able to let mama know he understood. To which mama was able to pass a message.

If this is the case mama needs help and can't figure out how to escape.

I plan on telling mama's Sensei as soon as possible about everything. The knowledge of the plan. You. And now this. I will let you know what he says.

Also Amai maybe suspicious also of what happened to you. She is frustrated. She doesn't understand mama right now and Hatchling is growing weary of her knowledge and said something to me. I will try to talk to her before she somehow makes things worse. As she is rash and troublesome.

I told Hatchling to listen to everything mama has to say. Hopefully he understood that I want him to pass messages.

I'll be watching them all closely. Things are coming to a head here and you may need to return.

Keep you posted.

Frog Son'

With that I summoned my messenger toad and sent the message to dad. Names had been coded from the start of our correspondence in case messages were intercepted by any enemies. The fact that I had no blood family and only spent a few weeks with mama before all this craziness happened helped the confusion. I had asked to see Sarutobi tommorow morning. It was planned as a discussion about a mission.

(Knock knock)

"Enter."

I walked into the Hokage's office. Lady Tsunade was there along with sensei. Perfect. I had scheduled right after them hoping to intrude and get them all.

"Ah, Minato, your early. If you could just wait outside for a bit longer, I'm not finished here."

"Actually sir, I need to speak to all of you as it's an urgent matter. If you would..."

I indicated the Anbu and then the privacy seals which I knew where hidden around the office."

Sensei gave me a look as I wasn't usually demanding. Sarutobi flicked his wrist and I could sense the Anbu leave. When they were gone, he did a sign and the seals activated.

"Mina, what is going on?"

Sensei asked after the seals went up.

"I'm so sorry, but mama needs your help."