Chapter 30: Forest of Death and Sibling Bonding

I received Dad's message last night. I was so pleased to get it. Hokage had sent his message to dad yesterday morning. So dad was probably in the know of what they had planned by now. Though the Hokage had not informed me, but I guess I could always ask when I reported to him again.

I sent off a quick reply to dad that I had no new information and would send a message as soon as I had any.

Yesterday I had passed a message through Kakashi for mama. Letting mama know we were working on a way to help him. Kakashi this morning said mama was happy at hearing we understood. Though he had nothing to pass at this moment. Well at least mama knew. So I focused on training and getting in some D missions. Unfortunately for my poor team, one of those missions was finding the Fire Lord's wife's wayward cat, Akuma (Demon). The poor thing was getting older, but could still tear a genin team to shreds. I shuddered as I remembered all too well.

When the day of missions started winding down, I sent off Obito and Rin. I asked Kakashi to follow me.

"Sensei?, What are we doing?"

He asked as we meandered through the village.

"We are looking for Anko."

"Well, then we should try the forest of death, she started hanging out there recently."

I picked up the pace heading straight for training ground 44.

"Why on earth would she go there it is unsafe, especially for a 6 year old. I know our family is exceptional, but really!?"

"Calm down. It is ok. Ka-san used to take her there to train. She loves it there. And she has her summons to help her if things get tricky."

We made it to the forest and I started pulsing my chakra as did Kakashi to help us locate her. We felt a chakra pulse in return and headed that way.

We ran into the nest of giant man eating spiders and so we had to go around. But we continued to feel the pulse of chakra, a beacon for us to follow.

My nerves were getting frayed by the time we came across her.

I picked her up and squeezed her till I heard.

"Sensei, she can't breath."

I released her. And set her down.

"Does mama know you have been coming here alone?"

She looked guilty and chuckled.

"No."

I was about to start lecturing her, when Kakashi interrupted.

"I told Ka-san. He knows. So why did you need us?"

My lecture deflated like a balloon. And I glanced around.

"It's safe enough here, nii-san, no one or animal comes near the spiders, but it's their nesting time. In another couple hours they'll come out to hunt."

I looked at in awe. She looked proud.

"Mama, taught me all about the creatures here. He used to come here and hide from the orphanage when he was little. He did not have anyone to save him, like he did for me. This is one of his favorite places also."

I understood. I motioned for them to sit down. As I started to explain everything.

"So daddy and Kabuto are alive?"

Anko asked me with tears in her eyes.

I picked her up and sat her on my lap like I used to do and hugged her and pet her hair.