Chapter 18: Break In

They didn't do a traditional honeymoon. I mean who has the time when you have two children and busy jobs and a...a life. They spent the night at an upscale onsen. Nade watched the kids. It was great and they enjoyed their night in each other's arms.

But Orochi was in the middle of a critical experiment and couldn't be away more than a day.

The next morning after they stopped and dropped off their overnight things at the house; Sakumo walked his spouse to work. Nade had not made it in yet. Orochi felt that something was off as he undid the warding on the door.

Sakumo could feel Orochi's anxiety. He grabbed his shoulder and gave it a squeeze as Orochi opened the door to the lab. Chaos! Mass destruction.

The baby!

Orochi didn't even go in he went to the hidden door just down the hall and removed the genjutsu. He carefully removed every warding and trap. Sakumo waited nervously behind him.

Sakumo had not seen the baby, had not even known the location, except that it was nearby.

Orochi seemed to hold his breath. He closed his eyes. He couldn't open the door. Fear grabbed hold and he was frozen.

"Utsukushī... "

He knew what Sakumo was asking. 'Are you ok?' ' Do you want me to do it?'

So he stepped to the side and let Sakumo to the door. The door he was terrified to open. Sakumo turned the knob and pushed the door open. And he gasped.

That was enough to shake Orochi out of his fear-induced paralysis. He pushed past. Nothing, well not nothing. The tank had a small crack that seemed to be leaking droplets. Possibly due to the wall behind it having a ginormous crack and pieces missing. The room seemed untouched. The cold storage and computer seemed fine. So Orochi turned to Sakumo as if to ask 'What the hell?'

But Orochi saw his husband staring adoringly at their infant floating in the tank with tears cresting his eyelids.

"Orochi, he is beautiful. The perfect combination of us."

He had silver/white fuzz on his head. Pale complexion. And you could see his face was a generous blend of both men.

"Sorry, love I should have shown you sooner. You kinda, well scared the hell out of me when you gasped. But I need Nade. Ready or not our son is coming out today. That tank is not stable now and he has to come out. I also need to let Sensei know what happened."

Sakumo snapped out of his stupor. He summoned his pack. He sent three of them to find Nade. And the other to the Hokage, to bring him here.

"Don't worry, koi. They will bring Nade."

It was 4 and a half minutes until Nade with Anko in her arms came shunshin to the hidden room. She handed Anko to Sakumo.

"What the hell!?"

"Someone broke into the lab. It's trashed. I have no idea what they took. But they tried breaking through the lab wall and damaged the tank. Nade is it ok for him to come out!?"

"Gods, Orochi, he still has just over a month and he could have underdeveloped lungs. He is still smaller than a normal-sized fetus for 31 weeks gestation. Let me get everything prepared and a nurse or two before we disconnect him and bring him out."

Nade ran off. Orochi paced in front of the tank.

"Daddy, is baby brother ok?"

"Don't worry sweety, mommy will take care of him. He will be ok."

Someone approached the open door with sure but hurried steps.

"Orochi!? Orochi, my boy!?"

"Sensei!?"