Chapter 23: I hate this plan

I joined Sensei in his office. I was agitated and steaming and emitting KI. It was so bad that I woke Kabuto and was unfit to comfort him.

Nade held out her hands for him. Helping by relieving me of the burden and relieving him as I failed at calming down.

"Sensei... I...I want to kill that man in cold blood. I loath him. I desire his death. He is destroying my life...what am I to do? Will, they really kill Sakumo (sniff)... as a..trai (sniff)...a traitor?"

I lost it. Slumping to the ground and sobbing. Raiya was alarmed seeing this. Nade hands full trying to calm my upset child, who was feeding off my emotions. It was Sensei that came to me. He dropped beside me and yanked me into his arms.

"Fear not, my boy. If all else fails I will do everything to help. And I do mean everything. Danzo is backing me in a corner and playing us, but...I..think...this..is the hook we were waiting for."

I sniffled. And struggled to stop my crying. Wiping my eyes, it was no use. The tears resumed flowing.

"Nani? (Sniff)"

"We know he wants you. Wants your knowledge. We know he knows you're hesitant of him. He is going to try to find a way to get you to come to him. He maneuvered us. This whole predicament. I just found out the young chunin who set off the trap on Sakumo's mission. He was not posted on that mission by me, but by counsel. Solely Danzo. My sources say the boy expects to get into Root. Sakumo may have been set up."

Raiya spoke up then.

"I also have been notified already that he had operatives looking into your research from the time you set up the clinic. Orochi, he has been interested in you for a while. He has been keeping his distance, until just recently."

Nade had quieted Kabuto and was feeding him a bottle. Lost in thought, chewing on her thumbnail. She piped up.

"That new clinic hire. The girl Kekeo, she has been asking questions that were off, until current events started evolving. She may be a plant."

"So what am I to do? He has me where he needs me, but I still don't know what he wants. Or how I can save Sakumo!"

Sarutobi stroked Orochi's back in a calming way. He gave him a smile.

"Well, that is easy. You go ask. And make a deal. Give him what he craves for what you want."

Orochi looked up at Hiruzen. Confusion and skepticism flooding him. Why would Sensei propose something that could potentially harm them all if Danzo got his super-soldier?

"Sensei, have you gone senile!? That could harm all of us."

"Not if we do this wisely and take down my dear old pal, Danzo before that jackal erodes Konoha. We set him up. We have to do this right he is most likely going to expect deception. But it has to be one of our devising and not the one he will expect to throw him off."

So for the rest of the day, the four of them formulated a plan. It was not to everyone's liking, but it was one they agreed would be the most plausible to work. They made contingency plans for everything also. In the end. Orochi wanted to scream. It was just awful the things he would have to do to take down this man. And the first three steps were the guiltiest ones of all.

He bolstered his courage. For the welfare of his husband and family. For the good of his Sensei and team. For the interest of his home and village. Orochi gets to play shinigami's advocate.

He didn't know if he could go back to a bitter emotionless demeanor with the world. But he had to have a family discussion before anything started to play out. And step one, two, and three were schemed for tomorrow. So he did three things before he left the Hokage's office.