Chapter 40: You want me to what!?!

Over the course of the next few weeks, many things happened.

Orochi healed enough to go home and start working on his physical therapy.

The Saratobi family unofficially adopted Orochi. And he started calling them 'father', 'mother' and 'brothers' in public. (Which caused alot of shocked civilians, who learned to bite their tongues so as to not anger their Hokage.)

Nade officially became family by accepting the role of godmother to each of the children. Raiya was ok with being the weird unofficial uncle, he stated it wasn't good to be tied down to so many gakis.

But then Sakumo was thrilled that Raiya had passed up the opurtunity and so Might Dai became the godfather. Which made both Shizune and Gai officially family then too.

(Which made Kakashi face palm when he found out that Might Gai was not just his self proclaimed rival but a part of his extended family now. Though Anko and Minato had fun teasing him about it. But only for the way he reacted to the news.)

They had officially adopted Kinoe into their family and decided to give him Sakumo's grandfather's name of Tenzo and so he became Tenzo Kinoe Hatake-Doragon.

They also officially added Minato to their family. Though he was of age, he actually was super excited about being adopted and couldn't stop smiling for days. And so he became, Minato Namikaze-Hatake-Doragon.

Minato also finally proposed to Kushina, though they didn't plan to wed anytime soon. But Orochi gave Minato his mother's ring to propose with. After she said yes, Kushina decided to impart her secret to her soon-to-be mother-in-law about the fact that she was the jinchuriki of the nine tailed fox demon.

"You know, Kushina, I'm not sure why you felt you needed to tell me. I would never judge you on something like that, though I'm sure if this village found out they would possibly persecute you more than praise you. But that is not our family. I am a man, who identifies more as a woman, that is openly in a gay relationship and has adopted children and one child born from a tank. How could I ever judge you? You will always have this family's support no matter what. Minato is lucky to have you and so are we."

"Thank you, mama. I'm glad I told you. Even though Minato knows, ya know, I wanted you to know in case something were to ever happen to me."

"Don't talk like that, my girl. I love you too."

But Orochi couldn't promise nothing would ever happen, not with his ancestors warning sitting in the back of his mind. But he did promise to always be there for her, no matter what.

What surprised him more than that talk was the one he had with his father, Hiruzen. He was called to the hokage's office with Sakumo.

(Knock, knock)

"Enter"

Sakumo pushed the door open and they entered. Closing the door so the automatic wards would activate. A new system that Jiraiya had set up.

"Is this an official request, father?"

"Yes, but it doesn't require either of you to be formal. Sit, this could take awhile."

They sat in the chairs that had been placed in front of the desk. And held each other's hand while they waited for the Hokage to begin.

"So, I'm sure you've probably heard some of this, but I'm gonna go over everything in an official manner. To begin, Shimera Danzo is dead, but he left a mess behind him. 90% of the Civilian Counsel has been arrested or asked to leave the village. The corruption ran deep. Most were involved in some form of criminal activity. We found lots of documents and evidence to tie to Danzo, but not all their crimes involved Danzo. And those asked to leave the village was because, though they didn't get involved in criminal activities they were fully knowledgeable about the criminal activity. The Elder counsel has been ask to retire, if they do not they will be arrested and charges brought against them. I did not want to cause a scandal, I wanted to respect their shinobi careers, but I will do what must be done. We are not reinstating the Civilian or Elder Counsels. Two civilians and 4 shinobi will be asked to sit on an advisory group to the Hokage seat. But they will have no official say in the way this village is run. We will still have a shinobi counsel, where the clan heads and select retired jonin will hold some authority. But I am expanding the clan seats to include not just the main houses.
I have been working with the Lord Daiyamo of Fire Country and he agrees to all these changes.
We have also discussed what to do with Root organization. We have decided that the shinobi forces from Root will merge with the Anbu forces while expanding on teams and training, as such... Sakumo you have until now been tasked with clean up of the Root orginazation, once you and Crane have finished your investigation you will be the face of Anbu as Commandor for all of Anbu and Crane will be your second in command. Do you accept?"