Chapter 41: Someone better

"The answer is no."

I waved off Sakumo, as I tried fixing dinner.

"So drop it! I may have wanted to be Hokage when I was younger. But this village will never except me wholly as the Hokage. I'm lucky they don't throw trash or spit on me as I walk through the village. I am the freak. I'm lucky it's just nasty slander and gossip. Father needs to find a different successor. Besides I truly am happy just having a whole Science division to run. And I have the children and our family, they will need all of my attention when the next disaster strikes."

"Orochi, I wish you would stop that. Speaking of such will only bring ill will upon us."

I huffed and turned facing him with my hands on my hips.

" Listen, I didn't want to tell you this but I guess I probably should..."

I checked to make sure the kids were not around and spoke in a whisper.

"When I died last time, I was visited by my ancestor. I was given information I hope never comes to pass, but if it does I want to be prepared."

He wiped his face and shook his head.

"Ok, what did the soothsayer from beyond the grave have to say."

I rolled my eyes at him, puffing out my checks in displeasure.

"He said that our family's hardships are not over, it's like a curse or something from my clan. But if our family sticks together that we will pull through."

"Great! Nothing like omnious fortunes from the dead. Anything else?"

"Well, there is the fact that our family will keep getting bigger. With our own children, bonded children and grandchildren."

"Hhhmmm, Utsukushī, that is great news. I'm sorry I was being an ass now. I do want a big family. I thought it was just going to be Kakashi and myself, but now I share my clan name with you and all of our children. I feel so blessed, but with you I want the world. Did..did this ancestor have anything else to say?"

I held him in my arms. And spoke into his neck, next to his mate mark.

"That even though our children are not gonna have a dragon partner of their own, if they want and ask our grandchildren can have them. My clan won't die with me. It is a gift to my dragon and I."

He licked my mate mark and hummed into my neck.

"That is wonderful news. No matter what we have to endure, if I have you, I will. We have faced alot, but these are good tidings also. I love you beyond anything I could of ever imagined."

"I love you too, Sakumo. And I don't want the Hokage seat interfering with our family. But I think I know the perfect person father should make the Yondaime."

He pulled back to look at me. Glee shining in my eye.

"Who?"

"Send a summons to go get father. Tell them to say I have my answer for him. And to bring the family to dinner."

Later that night we all sat around the table. Father and mother, Asuma (Our other brother was out on a mission.) Tsunade and Shizune. Dai and Gai. Minato and Kushina. Kakashi, Anko, Tenzo and Kabuto. Sakumo and myself.

Hiruzen cleared his throat and spoke as we began to eat.

"So your answer, Orochi."

Biwako spoke up.

"You couldn't wait till we were done eating, Zen?"

"It's fine mother. I know father is anxious for an answer. But first, seeing as their are some confused looks, tell every one what you asked me."