Those Changes Are Obvious

2312 CHAPTER 005

Life consists not in holding good cards,
but in playing those you hold well.

- Josh Billings

_______

23rd, December, 6 years ago

Win loved only two things in his life; Bright and himself. The rest were leaving him in apathy.

First, he loved himself. He thought his body was the most precious thing that was given to him in his life. He always took very good care of his body, especially his oh so 'precious' or, what he always prefers to say, his 'charming' face. He did not miss a single day without applying cosmetic products in his every skin, preferrably with some rose aroma.

He had read something in a book once that the scents of an apple, a cinammon, orange, and rose signify the different aspects of an every relationship, such as love, some companionship, affection and adoration.

He thought this would hypnotize Bright's senses and make him his. But no, not really.

He failed.

The second and the last thing that he loved, was Bright. He was 14 and Bright was 16. They didn't meet at their school, they didn't even know each other's existence, they were attending different schools, and were in different grades.

Win doesn't exactly remembered the details of how they really became friends, but he sure does remember how he met the boy who would later become his first and last best friend.

Bright is still blond back then, and how he missed that look of the older's.

It was a sweet and happy December, 2 days before Christmas and the whole city was dressed something fancy and festively. Children playing snowball fights at the alleys, people all laughing and singing some Christmas songs, parents yelling at their kids for wanting too many presents. Just a regular, happy day where everyone was having so much fun.

But Win was grounded though. Apparently, he thought it would be very funny to pull down someone's skirt in front of so many people. The poor little kid just stayed inside his home all day, glancing and looking outside the window where the kids were busy playing and having so much fun, and thinking his place was out there too.

Suddenly, his view was cut off by a big track that had some words on it's sides, saying 'Adulkitipporn Shipments and Transportations', and below that is 'Ottawa, Canada'. The boy tilted his head in confusion, wondering who came from Canada all the way here to Thailand?

He followed with his eyes the people holding some boxes and placing them outside their neighborhood house's doorstep. Someone was moving next to them.

Soon, the door bell rang and Win's mother shouted from the downstairs.

"Metawin honey, can you open the door for me please? I'm currently washing the dishes."

Win sighed and got up from his bed. "Yes, mom." he shouted back.

The boy walked down the stair steps, slowly opened the door, only to face a a blond giant. His jaw dropped.

 His jaw dropped