EXTRA V: Man's Best Friend

2312 CHAPTER 038

Present day

Summer. Hot. Thirsty. Hungry. Black-haired. Hmmm... Smells nice. Sniff, Sniff. Blossom Tree shampoo. My favorite scent. I like this hair. I like the sweat. I'm going to lick it off. Slurp. Yummy, tastes like heaven as always. It makes me very happy.

"What in the world... W-win Metawin!" Bright yelled at the boy while wiping the drool of his blue and white stripped shirt. "I told you not to do that. It's brand new, Weeraya got it for me."

Win's eyes then suddenly changed. The black-haired could swear he just saw the devil in the boy's eyes. A rather loud growl was suddenly heard. It made Bright shudder in fear.

"Oh God, I told you to behave, Metawin. Why do you always react like that when you hear the name of Weeraya? Don't you like her?" Win nodded affirmatively. The tall sighed as he petted Win's hair.

"Haven't I told you already? You! You are the light of my life, the love of my life. The one. You. It's you! Not her, okay?!" the older then proceeded to rub the brunet's cheek, slowly moving to the forehead, caressing it. They both smiled at each other, their eyes shyly meeting.

It's now 8 pm. Win woke up on Bright's lap. Hungry. Thirsty. Hot. Sniff sniff. Lemon smell. I hate lemon's smell. I hate short people. Bites. Not tasty, as always.

"Winnie, what the actual fuck?" Weeraya screamed at the brunet in fear, covering her arms in defense. She glanced up at Bright, her face making all short of expressions. Bright just sighed, once again. Weeraya raised her sleeves, only to reveal a few more bites. She shook her head, deciding she should kill Win another day.

"So... Bright. What's up?" Weeraya tried to fake a smile as she was obviously in a deep pain. "I b-brought the books you wanted. I sold m-my organs but it's worth it."

Bright agreed, chuckling. "University books are expensive indeed."

Win growled. He wanted the older's attention and would do anything to distract him. "Does he hate me that much?" Weeraya wondered almost teary faced, always keeping her guard on around the bunny boy.

Bright shook his head and then shrugged. "I don't know. Mook's son, Win, wanted this dog no matter what and then decided to also call him Win. All this dog does is eat, lick me and bite you every time we visit for summer." Weeraya chuckled as she tried to caress Win's head and ears. "He really reminds me of... you already know who." she said, kneeling down and finally earning the dog's trust for a second.

Or so she thought, because Win smelled doggie food in her pockets. Bright closed his eyes, shaking his head. "No... No. It's been already 10 years. We had this talk, Weeraya. There is just... no way."

Weeraya sighed, giving Win all his treats as she stood up. She made a few steps, standing right in front of Bright. Just a few inches away. She closed her eyes and sighed once more. "I don't know what to say... Really. I know it's hard for you and for me, believe me. But... You can't just shut Win out like he never existed. This dog is named Win, Mook's son is called Win. That name is just everywhere." she sighed and continued.

"A-and it's proof that he was loved... And still is loved. Don't you remember Win's last, practically dying, wish? He didn't want to be forgotten!" Weraya responded, turning her back at Bright, angrily. Bright closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as his mind was clear now. "You are right, I'm sorry. I just... Never had the chance to say goodbye." Weeraya uttered in response, "This is just an excuse."

Summer. Summer is so hot. Huff Huff. Why do these stupid people dressed me in a hooddie in summer. Huff Huff. Sweat. All itchy. Fabric no good. Growl. Growl. Tugs blanket off. Wake up.

"Mmmm... It's cold." Bright said in a hoarse voice in his sleep, looking desperately for his blanket. "But it's summer! It's so hot. Growl." Win responded as he jumped on the bed, licking Bright all over.

"Weeraya is that you... Stop, it's ticklish." Win growled loudly and then bit him. "That stupid name again." the tall guy jumped out of his bed in fear, realizing the dog, Win, talked. "Yeah, I talk. Don't say that name, I hate it." the dog continued. Bright covered his naked self with the blanket, like a shield, not even knowing why. "Wi... W-win? The Metawin?" He uttered in shock before passing out.

"Stupid human." The younger boy answered in a small growl, jumping on the bed once again, licking Bright's feet. "Bright! Hey, Bright! Wake up. Vachirawit! It's time for dinner. I'm going to be super pissed if you are not downstairs in five minutes!" Weeraya could be heard from the background. The tall guy slowly opened his eyes, staring at Weeraya and Win, the dog—who's peacefully lying on the floor, quite confused. "Uh... I just had a very weird dream... W-win talked like a human." Weeraya stared silently at Bright for some time and then laughed. "You have wild dreams. Come on, let's eat." she offered her hand.