PART II: Love Hurts

2312 CHAPTER 023

Weeraya had fallen asleep on the seat already. Her body slowly sliding to the side as she was leaning against the wall. How many hours had she been up? Or rather, how many hours did she rest for?

Weeraya, as Win's guardian, stayed by the boy's side all the time. During the boy's hospitalization, the chemotherapy sessions, even helped the boy eat, drink, walk, shower. Weeraya did all that during those two days, for nothing in return. But it's okay for her, as long as the younger boy is feeming comfortable.

Win was now seeing Weeraya, his second P. All the hate and loathe he had for the now orange-haired girl was suddenly gone, friendship and sister love taking their place. Weeraya afterall was a good woman.

When Win was still attending the University, his economics teacher often reminded him that one of the problems in communication between two people, is actually prejudice. There is a person A, and a person B. If person A hates, dislikes or is not fond of the person B, he will not give importance to person B's words, and automatically every action the person B does, person A will always judge him. In this case, Win was person A and Weeraya was the person B, because the boy would hate everything Weeraya did or said even if the older girl was right. But, all of that changed now.

__________

After a while, Weeraya opened slowly her both eyes, realizing she wasn't leaning at the wall anymore, but on someone. She glanced up once her eyes were fully opening, noticing that man was Bright, who right now was drinking coffee. The older jumped in surprise, removing herself from the black-haired, but the latter stopped her midway.

"Just lay back. You need some sleep after all the works you're doing."

Weeraya obeyed, leaning on Bright's shoulder again as she closed her eyes once again. With a sleep voice saying, "What time is it, Bright?"

"1 pm..."

Only 20 minutes had pass.

"I thought we had a lecture at the Uni right now."

"I didn't go, I came to see Winwin. And besides, you missed it all too."

"I'm Winnie's guardian after all, Bright. So I can't just leave him behind."

"You are going to drop out at this rate, Weeraya. Just let me be his guardian. I will do all the paperwork."

Weeraya glared at Bright as she slightly raised her head, raising her voice. "No! I promised him that I'll do it. Or else, he will think I'm already giving up on him." she then laid back on the black-haired boy's shoulder, her eyes betraying her as they were started closing.

Bright sighed, ruffling the older girl's hair. He didn't insist. It is a law for Weeraya that once she decides to do something she wants, she will achieve it no matter what happens. So there is no use fighting with her, Bright wouldn't reason her at all. So the black-haired changed the subject, and this time, it's about Win.

"Is there anyone at the room right now?"

The girl nodded. "Win's sister and her fiancé. Don't go in. Just leave them alone for a while."

"His parents...?"

"I don't know."

Bright bit his lip. He wanted to find the right time to talk to Weeraya about Win, about the feelings he has for the boy. He brainstormed for several days to find the way to say it all, and about a week to actually find the proper place and time to tell him. Even though Bright's and Weeraya's relationship wasn't something serious, he still respects the girl and views her as a very close friend, maybe even as his family. He didn't want to hurt the older girl, or simply throw her away with no explanation.