Just Like Before

prepare some tissues, i think?

--

2312 CHAPTER 017

11th, September

Win spent the entire evening talking with Mook, catching up to everything he has missed for all of these years. The neighboorhood's gossips, Mook is engagement to someone named Toy, a guy who was a year younger than the bunny boy. He frowned that his sister is actually 4 years older than the lad, but Mook just laughed it off, saying that love is indeed blind and that age is just a number. Well, how could his P get engaged without introducing the lucky guy to her beloved brother? She didn't even get the boy's approval.

The boy just cutely pouted.

It was dinner time and the brunet followed his sister in the kitchen, where their mother was. The boy closed his eyes as he entered the wide room, sniffing a very pleasant smell. How long has it been since he last sensed that?

Bliss was written all over the bunny-like boy's face. She was cooking his favorite food, tonkatsu. Win couldn't hide his bunny smile, appreciating his mother's efforts to slowly accept him back to the family's picture because she still remembers his favorite food.

"Mook, take the plates to the dining room." his mother requested.

Win approached his sister. And with a small smile, he gently picked up the dishes instead of her. "Let me do it, P. I also want to help." he demanded.

Mook just let him do so, nodding her head. But soon, the boy's hands started trembling. After all, the dishes were too heavy for his strength to handle. Day after day, he was becoming weaker and weaker.

His sister glanced at him, worried and then quickly grabbed all the plates as she headed for the dining room. "Just sit down, Nong Winnie. I'm the host here, I should be the one to do this." Win lowered his head as he nodded.

He felt so bad, he felt so useless. He couldn't even hold a couple of plates. Will there be some time where he will need someone's assistance for everyday tasks, such as eating or walking? The brunet shook his hwad in denial.

He headed back to the kitchen, observing his mother cooking while he was behind her. After some several minutes of silence from the both parties, he finally took the initiative to speak.

"Mother- I mean, Mrs. Opas-iamkajorn, you remembered..."

The woman didn't respond, but still, Win did not give up.

"I'm sorry... I'm not a good son that you want me to be. But can you please stop... i-ignoring me?" Win mumbled under his breath, feeling so vulnerable in front of his mother's presence. "Just pretend, I-i don't mind..."

His mother still remained silent. She raised the spatula and dropped it at the sink, then turned back to Win, her eyes meeting his, observimg her soon from head to toe, noticing the boy was slightly shivering in coldness.

"Are you cold?" she asked. Win gasped a little and lowered his head once again.

"A... a little."

"Then go sit at the dining room. Tell your P'Mook to light up the fireplace. Dinner will be ready soon."

Win glanced at his mother in surprise. He didn't expect her to be so caring. He nodded immediatey, heading towards the dining room and as on his way, he met with Mook. The brunet didn't requested for the fireplace to lit it up. It was still September, it's still so hot outside and most people were wearing short sleeves. He didn't want others to suffer or feel uncomfortable because of him. He smiled at Mook, sitting on a random chair. His P also sat down across him, scanning her brother's whole body. Win peeked at himself in confusion and then inquired.