Chapter Thirty-One

The car had ran out of gas an hour or so back only pushing far enough to get to the clock tower, which was one of my favourite places to mope. I had stolen someone's phone earlier to call Caroline in hopes she had not been captured and strapped down and thankfully she hadn't and was still on the loose. Now we were both sat at the top of the clock tower watching the stars calming each other.

"I missed you everyday in the prison world." I spoke out of no where swinging my legs over the edge as she hummed with a smile.

"I missed you two, i had to deal with Elena on my own for so long." She complained and i laughed nodding.

"I visited your house a lot to remind me you were always close." i let out a sigh pointing to the big dipper. 

"I stole a lot of your clothes, I'm not going to lie some nights i slept in your bed." I laughed along with her.

"I would of except for the fact you were two in 1994 and i couldn't fit in the cot." We giggled as she leaned on me.

"It's nice here." She breathed out before spotting Orion's belt and showing me. I looked down at the sound of a car pulling up before rolling my eyes to Caroline as the boys stepped out.

"Azalea Caroline come down we can talk about this!" Stefan shouted up and i chuckled.

"We're not suicidal you donkey's." I yelled down, Caroline laughed as Damon sighed out looking up to us.

"Its not safe up there!" He shouted back as i stood balancing on the very edge.

"No?" I began to mock a tight rope walk before sitting back next to Caroline.

"Your being reckless again." Caroline scolded with a look.

"Aw come on you love it." I joked laying back on the thin edge.

"Maybe we should go down, your not immortal. We have been up here a while." She reasoned standing up and ready to go in.

"I'm not done looking at the stars yet." I complained not moving an inch blinking up at the bright lights.

"Hey, we will go some where else." She held out a hand to me and i looked back to her, she looked like her mum in this light, concern slowly ebbing at her features.

"We are fine here Care. We're closer to them." I let out a breath watching the heat form a mist from my mouth. We were closer to the stars, closer to where ever Sheriff Liza had ended up.

"Please come down." She then pleaded and i looked back to her with a worried expression at her tone.

"You turned it on?" I asked and she nodded.

"I remembered, your scared of heights why have we come up here?" I smiled as she teared up in worry, i shrugged.

"Get's my heart pounding takes my mind of other things. I have to be strong." I continued to look up not allowing fear to take over. 

"Plus i got two vamps ready to catch me if i fall." I moved my eyes to her as she held her hand out to me again.

"We should go down, there worried for us." I nodded her way.

"I'm not ready yet care." I felt the knot forming in my throat as memories passed through my mind of me care and Liz.

"Please don't cry, don't tell me she's gone because that makes it real and.. and I'm not re-ready." I began to stammer feeling the tears in my eyes as i tried desperately to choke them back. I heard another car pull up.

"But she is gone Az, my mom's gone and its okay to feel alright? It's gonna hurt but we aren't alone." She held her hand out one last time and i took it standing not wanting to let it in, my lip quivered as the tears were let free on her face.

"It's okay now Az, we'll get through it, but if i have to feel then.. s-so do you okay?" She stuttered as my tears slipped from my eyes. 

"I miss her- so so much.. already care. I can't ... no-not again please. Please don't leave me." I cried out thinking back to our last conversation drifting out of my mind and back to out last day together.

"I didn't- didn't say goodbye.. I- i care i didn't say goodbye." I croaked out in realisation releasing a sob from my lips as she led me inside subconsciously. 

"It's okay, were okay." She tried to soothe me as we got inside the clock tower.

"I don't want them to see me like this, I- I-" She shuck her head pulling me into a hug as our tears soaked the other.

"It's okay i promise." I nodded hearing the sudden pounding of foot steps up the stairs as we turned to see Stefan, Elena and kai. 

"Kai-" I croaked out in a sob as he rushed over to me pulling me into a hug.

"Shhh i got you baby, don't worry its alright now." I cried into his shoulder wrapping my arms around his waste and just standing there, crying. It felt okay to do when he was there, like i didn't need to be strong because he was here to help me.

We must have been like that for at least ten minutes before we even made a step towards the stairs, in the end he ended up carrying me as i cried like a fool. The fact that i hadn't said goodbye made it worse. Caroline was still crying as Stefan held her with Elena. Bonnie came over as Kai put me down on my feet. 

I rubbed my eyes as she walked over to me swiftly, wrapping me in a hug making me break out into a whole new batch of sobs. The cold air hitting my very exposed body but not caring in the moment because my sister was hugging me. 

I pulled away as she wiped my eyes looking at them worriedly, i felt a coat being placed over my shoulders making me glance back at kai who was placing it on me. I wrapped it around myself feeling something soft hit my nose. Looking up as they continued to hit what pieces of my skin was still revealed i smiled. It was snowing.